What is the greatest televised darts performance of all time? You can now have your say by voting in our new series of videos.
There have been hundreds of memorable displays on the biggest televised stages down the years - not only by darting icons at their unplayable best but also by lesser known stars or unsung heroes creating incredible shocks and comebacks.
It's almost an impossible job deciding which is the greatest performance of them all but that doesn't mean we can't try and crown a 'champion' by canvassing the views of darts fans across social media.
The concept of this World Cup series is relatively the simple: There's eight groups themed around the variety of different televised major tournaments, with each one featuring four famously iconic performances.
You vote for your favourite and all eight group winners will advance to the final...
Group A - Winner Rob Cross
Group A consisted of four World Championship displays at the Alexandra Palace.
- Rob Cross v Michael van Gerwen (2018 semi-finals)
- Michael van Gerwen v Raymond van Barneveld (2017 semi-finals)
- Fallon Sherrock v Mensur Suljovic (2020 second round)
- Phil Taylor v Raymond van Barneveld (2009 final)
Leading pundit Paul Nicholson joins our darts expert Chris Hammer to discuss each performance in the video below and the winner ended up being Rob Cross!
World Cup of Great Darts Performances: Group A
Group B - Winner Phil Taylor
We picked out four epic World Matchplay performances for Group B...
- Phil Taylor v Adrian Lewis (2013 final)
- Peter Evison v Dennis Priestley (1996 final)
- Gary Anderson v Mensur Suljovic (2018 final)
- Andy Hamilton v Simon Whitlock (2011 quarter-final)
Paul Nicholson joins Sporting Life darts expert Chris Hammer once again to reflect on all four displays and Phil Taylor won the Twitter poll.
WORLD CUP OF GREAT DARTS PERFORMANCES: GROUP B
Group C - Winner Phil Taylor
The third group focused on fantastic performances at the BDO World Darts Championship:
- Eric Bristow v Bobby George (1980 final)
- Phil Taylor v Mike Gregory (1992 final)
- Bobby George v Magnus Caris (1994 semi-final)
- Martin Adams v Glen Durrant (2015 semi-final)
WORLD CUP OF GREAT DARTS PERFORMANCES: GROUP C
Group D - Winner Phil Taylor
The fourth group of our series was all about the Premier League and the eventually winner was Phil Taylor for hitting two nine-darters against James Wade in the 2010 final.
- Michael van Gerwen v Michael Smith (2016 group stage)
- Raymond van Barneveld v Phil Taylor (2015 group stage)
- Phil Taylor v James Wade (2010 final)
- Gary Anderson v Michael van Gerwen (2015 final)
WORLD CUP OF GREAT DARTS PERFORMANCES: GROUP D
GROUP E - Winner Brendan Dolan
The fifth group was all about the World Grand Prix and there were plenty of record-breaking displays:
- Alan Warriner's record-breaking 106 average v Andy Jenkins (2001 first round)
- Phil Taylor v John Part (2002 final)
- Brendan Dolan makes history with a nine-darter v James Wade (2011 semi-final)
- Robert Thornton v Michael van Gerwen (2015 final)
WORLD CUP OF GREAT DARTS PERFORMANCES: GROUP E
GROUP F - Winner Scott Waites
The Grand Slam of Darts has seen its fair share of epics but it's a player from the BDO who swooped in to top this group!
- Scott Waites v James Wade (2010 final)
- Phil Taylor v Adrian Lewis (2013 semi-final)
- Kim Huybrechts v Michael van Gerwen (2014 quarter-final)
- Gerwyn Price v Peter Wright (2019 final)
WORLD CUP OF GREAT DARTS PERFORMANCES: GROUP F
GROUP G - Winner Michael van Gerwen
The UK Open was the focal point of the next group and unsurprisingly it was Michael van Gerwen who topped the poll. After all, he did hit 17 perfect legs in a row and sandwiched a nine-darter inbetween a pair of 170 checkouts!
- Michael van Gerwen v Rob Cross (4th round 2016)
- Raymond van Barneveld v Phil Taylor (2006 quarter-final)
- Adrian Lewis v Terry Jenkins (2014 final)
- Peter Wright v Raymond van Barneveld (2017 quarter-finals)
WORLD CUP OF GREAT PERFORMANCES: GROUP G
GROUP H - WINNER RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD
Four final entries from those which didn't make the previous groups...
- Raymond van Barneveld v Phil Taylor (World Championship final 2007)
- John Part v Phil Taylor (World Championship final 2003)
- Dave Chisnall v Michael van Gerwen (World Championship QF 2021)
- Daryl Gurney v MVG (Players Championship Final 2018)
WORLD CUP OF GREAT PERFORMANCES: GROUP H