Mikuru Suzuki will make her William Hill World Darts Championship debut in December after winning the Rest of the World Women’s Qualifier in Germany on Saturday.
Fresh from her maiden appearance at the BoyleSports Grand Slam of Darts, reigning Women's Lakeside Champion Suzuki defeated Kasumi Sato 6-3 in an all-Japanese final.
The qualifier, held at Halle 39 in Hildesheim, was open to all non-UK and Ireland-based players.
Suzuki began the day by registering the event's highest average in her 6-1 win against Marina Letica, before victories over Amanda Loch, Aletta Wajer and Corrine Hammond saw her reach the final.
Surprise package Sato pushed her compatriot hard in a keenly-contested final, but from 4-3 up Suzuki took the last two legs to secure her spot at Alexandra Palace.
Rest of the World Women's Qualifier Results
- Mikuru Suzuki 6-2 Aletta Wajer
- Corrine Hammond 6-5 Anastasia Dobromyslova
- Renata Slowikowska 6-5 Sandra Kaup
- Kasumi Sato 6-4 Priscilla Steenbergen
- Mikuru Suzuki 6-1 Corrine Hammond
- Kasumi Sato 6-1 Renata Slowikowska
- Mikuru Suzuki 6-3 Kasumi Sato
All results and match stats are available in DartConnect.