The PDC have rearranged three European Tour events postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak - but multiple Players Championship tournaments must now be rescheduled.
Revised European Tour Dates
- European Darts Grand Prix (ET2) - now May 29-31 (was March 20-22)
- German Darts Grand Prix (ET4) - now July 31-August 2 (was April 11-13)
- European Darts Open (ET3) - now August 7-9 (was March 27-29)
* Tickets for original dates will remain valid for the equivalent sessions. Fans with queries about tickets can contact their point of purchase.
Other Postponed PDC Events
- PDC Unicorn Development Tour events - March 21-22
- Players Championships - March 28-29
- Players Championships - April 4-5
- European Tour 5-6 Qualifiers - April 6
- PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour 5-8 - April 10-12
- European Tour 7 Qualifier - April 17
- Players Championships - April 18-19
- Players Championships - May 30-31 (due to rescheduled European Darts Grand Prix)
- Players Championships - August 1-2 (due to rescheduled German Darts Grand Prix)
The 2020 German Darts Grand Prix is the latest European Tour event to be rescheduled due to the coronavirus outbreak and will now take place at the Zenith arena in Munich on Friday July 31 to Sunday August 2.
The tournament had been set to be played from April 11-13 across the Easter period, but was initially postponed last week along with the European Darts Grand Prix and European Darts Open due to the ongoing global situation.
However, the event has now been rescheduled and will replace the previously planned Players Championship double-header in Barnsley, which will find a new place on the calendar in due course.
Elsewhere, the European Darts Open in Leverkusen will now be held on August 7-9 instead of March 27-29 while the European Darts Grand Prix at the Glaspalast in Sindelfingen was moved to May 29-31 from March 20-22.
The latter change means the originally planned Players Championship double-header in Hildesheim on May 30-31 still needs to be rescheduled as well as the forthcoming Players Championship weekend on March 28-29 in Milton Keynes.
All three European Tour events will feature the original field of qualified players, with the 16 seeded players having been joined by 24 players from the Tour Card Holder Qualifiers while tickets for the original dates will remain valid for the equivalent sessions of the rearranged date. Any fans with queries about tickets can contact their point of purchase.
The PDC had no option to later postpone all of April's other Players Championship double-headers, European Tour Qualifiers and the PDC Unicorn Challenge Tour events.
Rescheduled dates for the above events will be confirmed in due course while layer entries for postponed tournaments will also remain valid for any rearranged equivalent dates.
PDC Chief Executive Matthew Porter said: "The health and wellbeing of players, fans, officials and staff at events has been at the forefront of our thoughts over the past week during an unprecedented time for everyone worldwide.
"We issued precautionary measures around last week's Unibet Premier League night in Liverpool and Players Championship events to keep everyone as safe as possible.
"However, following Monday's announcements and further discussions with stakeholders including the PDPA and venues, we feel it is in the best interests of everyone involved in the sport to postpone the forthcoming Development Tour and Players Championship weekends during March.
"We had hoped to provide as many playing opportunities as possible for players in the coming weeks, and will work to rearrange these events during 2020."
Players can see further updates from the PDPA via www.pdpa.co.uk.
Further updates in relation to PDC events will be issued at pdc.tv/Coronavirus.