Gerwyn Price insists he won't change his playing style as he prepares for his final match in the Premier League Darts regular season and revealed Daryl Gurney apologised to him for last week's heated exchanges.
The Grand Slam of Darts champion is one of four players vying for the last two Play-Off places when he faces eliminated Peter Wright at the First Direct Arena in Leeds on Thursday night.
The Welshman must win or draw to keep his Play-Off hopes alive and then hope results go his way later in the night, and he's is hoping he won't be left ruing missed chances amongst six draws this season.
Tempers flared between Price and fellow-Play-Off chaser Daryl Gurney on stage after their draw in Sheffield last Thursday, but Price insists the incident is behind them both as he looks to book a debut appearance at The O2.
"I met up with Daryl, he apologised to me for overreacting and I said 'fair play' to him for that," said Price, who missed a match dart against Gurney.
"We've made it up now and put it behind us. Now I'm just focused on this.
"Last week's game meant a lot to me, I knew I needed a win or at least a draw and I should've won. But it didn't go my way and I've got to move on now.
"At the start of the league I would've taken being in this position but going back five or six weeks I would've been disappointed for the situation to be out of my hands.
"If I don't go through it's still been a brilliant year for me in the Premier League, even though I drew too many games.
"I'm going to keep being me and playing my own game."
2019 Premier League Darts Table
- Cross (Q) P 15 W 10 D 2 L 3 LegD +28 Pts 22
- Van Gerwen (Q) P 15 W 9 D 3 L 3 LegD +37 Pts 21
- Wade P 15 W 6 D 6 L 3 LegD +18 Pts 18
- Suljovic P 15 W 7 D 3 L 5 LegD +2 Pts 17
- Gurney P 15 W 7 D 3 L 5 LegD +2 Pts 17
- Price P 15 W 5 D 6 L 4 LegD +1 Pts 16
- Smith P 15 W 3 D 4 L 8 LegD -21 Pts 10
- Wright P 15 W 2 D 5 L 8 LegD -27 Pts 9
- Relegated: Van Barneveld P 9 W 1 D 2 L 6 LegD -22 Pts 4
Night 16 Fixtures
TV Channel: Sky Sports (1900 GMT)
- Gerwyn Price v Peter Wright
- Daryl Gurney v Michael Smith
- Michael van Gerwen v Mensur Suljovic
- James Wade v Rob Cross
Permutations to qualify for the O2
- Qualifies with a win or a draw.
- If Gurney or Suljovic do not win, Wade has qualified before playing his match.
- If Price draws, he needs Suljovic and Gurney to lose.
- If Price wins, he needs Suljovic and Gurney not to win.
- Needs a better result than Mensur Suljovic and Gerwyn Price.
- Needs a better result than Daryl Gurney and Gerwyn Price.
Players tied on points are split as follows:
- League Points
- Leg Difference (+/-)
- Legs Won Against Throw (LWAT)
- Tournament Average from Sportradar