The opening Sporting Life's Darts Podcast of the season with star pundit Paul Nicholson looks ahead to the new Premier League season, which starts on Thursday. Listen now for FREE via iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts and Spreaker. .
- Scroll down for show running order
- Click here to listen via iTunes for free
- Click here to listen via Spotify for free
- Click here to listen via Spreaker for free
- Click here to listen via Google Podcasts for free
Important: Sporting Life podcasts have new homes across the above platforms. Please make sure you subscribe to ensure you don't miss future episodes of your favourite show.
Another hectic season of darts is about to get in full swing with the start of the Premier League in Aberdeen on Thursday night as defending champion Michael van Gerwen looks to gain a small measure of revenge over the man who took his world title on New Year's Day.
Peter Wright, who followed up his World Championship heroics by winning the season-opening Masters at the weekend, is MVG's closest rival in the betting but the likes of Gerwyn Price, Gary Anderson, Rob Cross and Michael Smith have other ideas.
Former major winner and leading pundit/commentator Paul Nicholson (@TheAsset180) joins our resident darts tipster Chris Hammer (@ChrisHammer180) and Podcast host Ben Coley (@bencoleygolf) to discuss the new campaign by running through every contender while they also try to predict each of Thursday's six matches.
In addition to this, Paul discusses a number of key talking points including his experiences of PDC Qualifying School and his idea to revamp the process, the struggles and science behind tinkering with darts - and even manufacturer in MVG's case - and also the impact losing a lot of weight can have on players, as we've seen with Rob Cross recently.
Sporting Life Darts Podcast running order
- 0-5mins: Peter Wright incredible start to 2020 including the Masters
- 5 - 10: Paul’s Qualification School reflections and his potential idea for reform
- 10 - 19: Michael van Gerwen/Peter Wright and the issues of changing darts
- 20 - 24: Gerwyn Price
- 24 - 27: Gary Anderson
- 27 - 31: Rob Cross and issues of losing weight
- 31 - 34: Players knowledge of the statistical and tactical side of the game
- 35 - 39: Nathan Aspinall
- 39 - 44: Glen Durrant
- 44 - 48: Daryl Gurney
- 48 - 51: Premier League ‘Challengers’
- 51- 61: Night one preview: Smith v Durrant, Anderson v Gurney, MVG v Wright, Aspinall v Henderson, Price v Cross
- 62mins till the end: Night one trebles
Premier League: Week one fixtures and odds (February 6, Aberdeen)
- Michael Smith (6/5) v Glen Durrant (13/8)
- Gary Anderson (1/1) v Daryl Gurney (15/8)
- Michael van Gerwen (4/5) v Peter Wright (5/2)
- Nathan Aspinall (4/5) v John Henderson (5/2)
- Gerwyn Price (1/1) v Rob Cross (15/8)
Follow the team on Twitter at...
Chris Hammer - @ChrisHammer180
Ben - @bencoleygolf
Paul - @TheAsset180