Raymond van Barneveld will compete in his first European Tour event for almost two years in March after being amongst the qualifiers for the year's opening two events.
Friday's qualifying double-header saw players battling for spots in Leverkusen and Hildesheim next month, where the year's first two European Tour events will be held.
The five-time world champion headlined the six European Qualifiers for the European Darts Open - a tournament the Dutchman won in 2012.
However, van Barneveld's hopes of qualifying for the German Darts Championship, which will also be staged in March, were ended by Mario Robbe as the Dutchman secured his place in Hildesheim.
World Youth Champion Dimitri Van den Bergh enjoyed a qualifying double on the night as the only player to win through both the European Qualifiers.
Former European Tour winners Kim Huybrechts and Vincent van der Voort were joined by Jeffrey de Zwaan and Krzysztof Ratajski in qualifying for the European Darts Open.
Gabriel Clemens, Ron Meulenkamp, Madars Razma and Tytus Kanik joined Van den Bergh and Robbe in qualifying for the German Darts Championship.
Former European Tour winners Mervyn King and Steve Beaton enjoyed a qualifying double in the UK Qualifiers, and were joined by Josh Payne, Scott Taylor and Leeds' Martin Atkins in securing spots in both events.
Ted Evetts landed a nine-darter during his run to qualification for the European Darts Open, while Glen Durrant posted three ton-plus averages - including a huge 116 total - as he secured his European Tour debut.
Former Austrian Darts Open winner Justin Pipe was joined by Ricky Williams, Adam Hunt, William Borland, Ross Smith, Ritchie Edhouse, Jason Wilson, Wayne Jones, Matthew Dennant, Ryan Meikle and Matthew Edgar in sealing places in Leverkusen.
Durrant lost out to Mickey Mansell in their decider in the UK Qualifier for the German Darts Championship as the Northern Irish left-hander progressed.
Ricky Evans followed up a nine-darter with qualification for the event, alongside James Wilson, Dave Prins, Luke Humphries, Andrew Gilding, Jamie Hughes, Mark Dudbridge, Simon Stevenson, Nathan Aspinall, Andy Boulton, Keegan Brown and former European Tour winner Robert Thornton.
The European Darts Open will take place from March 22-24 in Leverkusen. The German Darts Championship will be held from March 29-31 in Hildesheim. For tickets, visit www.pdc-europe.tv/tickets.
PDC European Tour events will be broadcast through PDCTV-HD for all subscribers worldwide, and through a series of bookmakers' websites.
European Tour Qualifying Results
UK Qualifier for the European Darts Open
Final Matches (Last 36)
- Mervyn King 6-3 Mark McGeeney
- Justin Pipe 6-3 Stephen Bunting
- Scott Taylor 6-4 Steve West
- Ricky Williams 6-3 James Wilson
- Adam Hunt 6-5 Andrew Gilding
- Steve Beaton 6-0 Bradley Brooks
- William Borland 6-1 Steve Lennon
- Ross Smith 6-4 Chris Dobey
- Glen Durrant 6-5 John Henderson
- Ritchie Edhouse 6-0 Kyle Anderson
- Josh Payne 6-3 Alan Norris
- Jason Wilson 6-5 Kevin Garcia
- Ted Evetts 6-3 Ryan Joyce
- Wayne Jones 6-5 Kirk Shepherd
- Matthew Dennant 6-5 Brendan Dolan
- Ryan Meikle 6-5 Simon Stevenson
- Mathew Edgar 6-5 Devon Petersen
- Martin Atkins (Leeds) 6-5 Robert Thornton
Qualifiers: Mervyn King, Justin Pipe, Scott Taylor, Ricky Williams, Adam Hunt, Steve Beaton, William Borland, Ross Smith, Glen Durrant, Ritchie Edhouse, Josh Payne, Jason Wilson, Ted Evetts, Wayne Jones, Matthew Dennant, Ryan Meikle, Matthew Edgar, Martin Atkins (Leeds)
UK Qualifier for the German Darts Championship
Final Matches (Last 36)
- Mervyn King 6-2 Harry Ward
- Martin Atkins (Leeds) 6-1 Steve West
- James Wilson 6-5 Luke Woodhouse
- Ricky Evans 6-2 John Goldie
- Steve Beaton 6-1 Kevin Burness
- Dave Prins 6-4 Steve Lennon
- Luke Humphries 6-4 Chris Dobey
- Andrew Gilding 6-1 John Henderson
- Jamie Hughes 6-3 Ryan Harrington
- Josh Payne 6-4 Kevin Garcia
- Mickey Mansell 6-5 Glen Durrant
- Mark Dudbridge 6-4 Matthew Dennant
- Scott Taylor 6-2 Richard North
- Simon Stevenson 6-3 Brendan Dolan
- Nathan Aspinall 6-3 Mark Barilli
- Andy Boulton 6-5 William O'Connor
- Robert Thornton 6-5 Nathan Rafferty
- Keegan Brown 6-5 Bradley Brooks
Qualifiers: Mervyn King, Martin Atkins (Leeds), James Wilson, Ricky Evans, Steve Beaton, Dave Prins, Luke Humphries, Andrew Gilding, Jamie Hughes, Josh Payne, Mickey Mansell, Mark Dudbridge, Scott Taylor, Simon Stevenson, Nathan Aspinall, Andy Boulton, Robert Thornton, Keegan Brown
European Tour Card Holders' Qualifier for the European Darts Open
Final Matches (Last 12)
- Kim Huybrechts 6-2 Danny Noppert
- Jeffrey de Zwaan 6-1 Maik Kuivenhoven
- Krzysztof Ratajski 6-3 Jose Justicia
- Dimitri Van den Bergh 6-3 Jan Dekker
- Raymond van Barneveld 6-2 Tytus Kanik
- Vincent van der Voort 6-3 Jelle Klaasen
Qualifiers: Kim Huybrechts, Jeffrey de Zwaan, Krzysztof Ratajski, Dimitri Van den Bergh, Raymond van Barneveld, Vincent van der Voort
European Tour Card Holders' Qualifier for the German Darts Championship
Final Matches (Last 12)
- Tytus Kanik 6-5 Jose de Sousa
- Mario Robbe 6-5 Jeffrey de Zwaan
- Dimitri Van den Bergh 6-5 Krzysztof Ratajski
- Ron Meulenkamp 6-1 Cristo Reyes
- Gabriel Clemens 6-0 Christian Bunse
- Madars Razma 6-5 Benito van de Pas
Qualifiers: Tytus Kanik, Mario Robbe, Dimitri Van den Bergh, Ron Meulenkamp, Gabriel Clemens, Madars Razma