Former world number one Novak Djokovic has had a "small medical intervention" on his troublesome elbow and says he is now on a "good road to full recovery".
The 30-year-old Serbian last month suffered a recurrence of his elbow problems in a fourth-round loss to 21-year-old South Korean Chung Hyeon at the Australian Open and is 5/1 for the French Open with Sky Bet.
He posted on Instagram late on Friday evening: "Hey guys, I owe you some news about my recovery. I've been carrying this injury for the past two years, and during this time I've been seeing many doctors.
"Truth be told, there were many different opinions, different diagnoses, different suggestions... It was not easy for me to choose which way to go and what to do.
"I took 6 months off last season hoping to come back fully recovered, but unfortunately I still felt pain. I really missed competing, it's in my blood and I had to give it a try on AO.
"Anyhow, I agreed with my team that I would try different methods after I finish in Australia and a few days ago I accepted to do a small medical intervention on my elbow.
"It seems like I am on the good road now to full recovery. It's quite a journey this one, I have to say. I'm learning a lot and for that I'm grateful.
"I've always taken care of my body and looked for the most natural ways to heal, and my body has rewarded me with some incredible years on tour. I am super positive and excited to follow my recovery through so I can come back to the place I love the most. The court.
"I'll keep you posted and thanks for cheering me on!"