Kyren Wilson defeated Judd Trump 6-1 to reach the semi-finals of the ManBetX Champion of Champions tournament in Coventry.
Wilson has already won two titles this season and was in fine form at the Ricoh Arena, recording two centuries and four other breaks over 50.
Wilson had defeated world champion Mark Williams 4-1 in his opening match while Trump saw off Luca Brecel by the same scoreline.
Wilson said on worldsnooker.com: "I was solid in my first match against Mark Williams, I played good match snooker. I felt I needed to up it tonight because Judd is a very heavy scorer.
"I'm very pleased with my performance. I've had a good start to the season and had a run where I didn't lose a match for a long time. That relaxes you for the rest of the season and that's why I'm producing my best form now. I feel as if I'm in with a shout of winning this."
Results and schedule
- During the group stage, there are two 'semi-finals' over best of seven legs in the afternoon; the two winners then play for a semi-final place over best of 11 in the evening
Monday November 5
- Shaun Murphy 4-2 Jimmy Robertson
- Ding Junhui 4-2 Michael Georgiou
- Shaun Murphy 6-3 Ding Junhui
Tuesday November 6
- Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-2 Stuart Bingham
- John Higgins 4-3 Ryan Day
- John Higgins 3-6 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Wednesday November 7
- Mark Williams 1-4 Kyren Wilson
- Judd Trump 4-1 Luca Brecel
- Kyren Wilson 6-1 Judd Trump
Thursday November 8
- Barry Hawkins v Mark Allen
- Mark Selby v Neil Robertson
- Barry Hawkins/Mark Allen v Mark Selby/Neil Robertson
Friday November 9
- Ronnie O'Sullivan v Shaun Murphy (best of 11)
Saturday November 10
- Semi-final 2 (best of 11)
Sunday November 11
- Final (best of 19)