Shaun Murphy advanced to the semi-finals of snooker's Champion of Champions as he bids to follow up last year's success.
The former world champion beat Jimmy Robertson 4-2 in the first match of the tournament, before seeing off Ding Junhui 6-3 in the evening.
Murphy trailed 3-2 to Ding before breaks of 118, 88 and 110 turned the tide and put him on the brink of victory.
Having missed black off the spot to progress, Murphy was relieved to see Ding miss a long attempt to steal the frame and was able to calmly roll the same ball into the middle pocket to complete an impressive success.
Ding had earlier beaten Michael Georgiou 4-2, a 139 clearance in frame three the highlight.
Results and schedule
- During the group stage, there are two 'semi-finals' over best of seven legs in the afternoon; the two winners then play for a semi-final place over best of 11 in the evening
Monday November 5
- Shaun Murphy 4-2 Jimmy Robertson
- Ding Junhui 4-2 Michael Georgiou
- Shaun Murphy 6-3 Ding Junhui
Tuesday November 6
- John Higgins v Ryan Day
- Ronnie O'Sullivan v Stuart Bingham
- John Higgins/Ryan Day v Ronnie O'Sullivan/Stuart Bingham
Wednesday November 7
- Mark Williams v Kyren Wilson
- Judd Trump v Luca Brecel
- Mark Williams/Kyren Wilson v Judd Trump/Luca Brecel
Thursday November 8
- Barry Hawkins v Mark Allen
- Mark Selby v Neil Robertson
- Barry Hawkins/Mark Allen v Mark Selby/Neil Robertson
Friday November 9
- Semi-final 1 (best of 11)
Saturday November 10
- Semi-final 2 (best of 11)
Sunday November 11
- Final (best of 19)