Jimmy White beat Darren Morgan in the ROKiT World Seniors Snooker Championship final to finally get his hands on a Crucible title.
- Scroll down for full tournament results
The legendary Whirlwind, now 57, suffered the agony of being runner-up at the Crucible in six World Championship finals during his peak years, including five in a row from 1990 to 1994.
His first came way back in 1984 when he was edged out 18-16 by Steve Davis but the closest he came was in his last in 1994 when heartbreakingly missing a black ball mid break during the deciding frame against Stephen Hendry, who beat him in four finals.
But White, also defeated by John Parrot in 1991, is now celebrating a long overdue trophy at the home of snooker, even if it is 'just' the senior version which he's lifted once before in 2010 when the tournament was held in Bradford.
The Londoner found himself in early trouble after losing two of the opening three frames but breaks of 51 and 53 edged him ahead before the 2012 senior champion restored parity at 3-3.
A superb break of 86 put White one away from glory before edging the next 75-50 to clinch an emotional triumph and earn him £25,000 in the process.
The 'Whirlwind' said after his victory: "It sounds strange to be world champion at the Crucible." He also tweeted: "Got there in the end".
World Senior Snooker Championship Results
Jimmy White 5-3 Darren Morgan
- Frame Scores: 46-56, 67-55, 27-66, 72-33 (51), 77-13 (53), 43-68, 124-20 (86), 75-50
Darren Morgan 3-0 Leo Fernandez
- Frame Scores: 62-32, 65-49 , 68-4 (52)
Jimmy White 3-1 James Wattana
- Frame Scores: 64-10, 68-28, 17-76 (63), 116-1 (74)
- Leo Fernandez 3-1Aaron Canavan
- Darren Morgan 3-1 Stephen Hendry
- James Wattana 3-1 Chen Gang
- Jimmy White 3-2 Stuart Watson
Round 2 (Last 16)
- Aaron Canavan 3-1 Au Chi-wai
- Leo Fernandez 3-0 Joris Maas
- Darren Morgan 3-2 John Parrott
- Stephen Hendry 3-2 Tony Drago
- James Wattana 3-0Joe Johnson
- Chen Gang 3-1 Cliff Thorburn
- Stuart Watson 3-0 Dennis Taylor
- Jimmy White 3-1 Rhydian Richards
Round 1 (Wildcard round)
- Darren Morgan 3-0 Willie Thorne
- Tony Drago 3-2 Dene O'Kane
- James Wattana 3-0 Mohammed Abdel Kader
- Chen Gang 3-1 Tony Knowles