Mark Allen booked a semi-final meeting with Kyren Wilson at the ManBetX Champion of Champions tournament in Coventry as he beat Barry Hawkins and then thrashed Neil Robertson on Wednesday.
Allen, continuing his fine form after winning the International Championship in China last week, registered two century breaks, including one of 140, en route to a 4-2 victory over Hawkins.
He then won 6-1 against Robertson, the man he had beaten 10-5 in the International Championship final on Sunday.
After Allen made 119 to go 2-0 up, Robertson reduced the deficit before the Northern Irishman posted breaks of 102, 123, 98 and 75 as he took the next four frames.
World number seven Allen told worldsnooker.com: "The first frame was scrappy, but after that I didn't really put a foot wrong.
"I scored well, as I have been doing for a while now. I limited Neil to a few half chances. I had more confidence than Neil going into the match having won the final last Sunday, but he has more than enough experience to know how to deal with that.
"To beat a player of Neil's class twice in a row, and the way I have done in, stands me in good stead."
Allen will face Wilson on Saturday after Friday's first semi-final between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Shaun Murphy.
Allen added: "I'm not getting carried away as I've still got two very tough matches to get through if I'm going to win this tournament. But I quietly fancy my chances. I always have good matches with Kyren."
Robertson had come back from 3-2 down to win his opening match 4-3 against Mark Selby, who made a 147 in the second frame.
It was the third official maximum break of world number one Selby's career, and his first since his 147 at the 2013 UK Championship.
Results and schedule
- During the group stage, there are two 'semi-finals' over best of seven legs in the afternoon; the two winners then play for a semi-final place over best of 11 in the evening
Monday November 5
- Shaun Murphy 4-2 Jimmy Robertson
- Ding Junhui 4-2 Michael Georgiou
- Shaun Murphy 6-3 Ding Junhui
Tuesday November 6
- John Higgins 4-3 Ryan Day
- Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-2 Stuart Bingham
- John Higgins 3-6 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Wednesday November 7
- Mark Williams 1-4 Kyren Wilson
- Judd Trump 4-1 Luca Brecel
- Kyren Wilson 6-1 Judd Trump
Thursday November 8
- Mark Selby 3-4 Neil Robertson
- Barry Hawkins 2-4 Mark Allen
- Mark Allen 6-1 Neil Robertson
Friday November 9
- Ronnie O'Sullivan v Shaun Murphy
Saturday November 10
- Semi-final 2 (best of 11)
Sunday November 11
- Final (best of 19)