Potters Corner won Saturday's Virtual Grand National ahead of Walk In The Mill while favourite Tiger Roll finished fourth.
Virtual Grand National result
- Potters Corner (18/1)
- Walk In The Mill (16/1)
- Any Second Now (10/1)
- Tiger Roll (5/1)
- Burrows Saint (12/1)
The real Aintree spectacular was of course sadly cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic so this special computer-simulated version, using the latest CGI technology, was given centre stage on ITV at the usual time and featured the 40 horses and riders who were most likely to run in the race.
That said, winning jockey Jack Tudor wouldn't have actually qualified to ride in the Grand National itself but the virtual version of the 17-year-old rode steered Potters Corner to an all-Welsh victory at at 16/1.
The real horse, trained in Wales by Christian Williams and is part-owned by rugby star Jonathan Davies, won the Welsh Grand National in December under the teenage star.
The computerised version of the history-seeking Tiger Roll, who may still go for a third Grand National victory next year, was a popular 5/1 favourite to win this race for the second time but came in fourth behind runner-up Walk In The Mill (16/1) and Any Second Now (10/1) while fifth place went to Burrows Saint (12/1).
There was drama in the closing stages when Aso, who several lengths clear, fell at the second last fence.
Leading bookmakers, including Sky Bet, offered odds for punters to place bets and all profits are being donated to NHS Charities Together.
Out of the 40 starters, 19 horses finished while 10 fell, four unseated their jockeys and there were seven refusals.
Before the main event, ITV televised the virtual race of champions, in which triple National victor Red Rum ran out the winner.
Full Finishing positions
- Potters Corner - 18/1
- Walk In The Mill - 16/1
- Any Second Now - 10/1
- Tiger Roll - 5/1
- Burrows Saint - 12/1
- Pleasant Company - 28/1
- Ballyoptic - 25/1
- Kimberlite Candy - 16/1
- Top Ville Ben - 45/1
- Vintage Clouds - 33/1
- Peregrine Run - 66/1
- The Storyteller - 40/1
- Talkischeap - 25/1
- Dounikos - 50/1
- Kildisart - 50/1
- Alpha Des Obeaux - 25/1
- Beware The Bear - 33/1
- Anibale Fly - 20/1
- Death Duty - 50/1
The fences of the fallers
- 1st - Tout Est Permis (80/1) - Fell
- 3rd - Shattered Love (66/1) - Fell
- 3rd - Valtor (66/1) - Unseated
- 3rd - Warriors Tale (80/1) - Refused
- 10th Jett - Refused (50/1) - Refused
- 10th Ok Corral (25/1) - Refused
- 11th Lakeview Lad (50/1) - Fell
- 11th Crievehill (66/1) - Fell
- 14th Total Recall (40/1) - Fell
- 14th Elegant Escape (20/1) - Refused
- 14th Double Shuffle (100/1) - Unseated
- 15th Saint Xavier (66/1) - Unseated
- 17th Definitly Red (14/1) - Refused
- 19th Acapella Bourgeois (33/1) - Fell
- 20th Ramses De Teillee (66/1) - Fell
- 26th Bristol De Mai (20/1) - Fell
- 26th Sub Lieutenant (33/1) - Refused
- 27th Jury Duty (40/1) - Refused
- 27th Yala Enki (28/1) - Unseated
- 27th Magic Of Light (18/1) Fell
- 29th Aso - Fell (66/1) - Fell
Virtual Grand National Race Of Champions:
- 1 Red Rum
- 2 Manifesto
- 3 Tiger Roll
- 4 Reynoldstown
- 5 Don't Push It