An at-a-glance look at another eventful 12 months of news in the racing world.
- Many Clouds, the 2015 Grand National hero, dies in action at Cheltenham.
- Last year's Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Don Cossack retired after suffering a setback.
- Plans announced to shut down Kempton racecourse.
- Barry Geraghty to miss the Cheltenham Festival after injuries suffered in a fall at Kempton.
- Faugheen and Min ruled out of the Cheltenham Festival.
- Thistlecrack out for the rest of the season with a tendon problem.
- Sizing John crowned Cheltenham Gold Cup hero.
- Buveur D'Air soars in Champion Hurdle.
- Special Tiara towers in Queen Mother Champion Chase.
- Nichols Canyon peaks in Stayers' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.
- Brilliant sprinter Sole Power retired by Eddie Lynam.
- Arrogate rules in Dubai World Cup at Meydan.
- Altior sensational in the Celebration Chase at Sandown.
- One For Arthur wins the Grand National at Aintree for Scotland.
- Our Duke dazzles in the Irish Grand National at Fairyhouse.
- Willie Mullins crowned Irish champion jumps trainer following an almighty fight with Gordon Elliott.
- Multiple Group One winners Solow and Postponed retired.
- Churchill most impressive in the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket and then in the Irish equivalent at the Curragh.
- Winter cuts loose in both the 1000 Guineas at Newmarket and the fillies' Classic in Ireland.
- Ribchester leaves Lockinge rivals in a daze at Newbury.
- Highland Reel continues Aidan O'Brien's golden run in Coronation Cup at Epsom.
- Stablemate Wings Of Eagles a shock winner of the Derby.
- Enable sensational in the Oaks at Epsom.
- John Ferguson resigns as chief executive and racing manager of Godolphin.
- Frankie Dettori misses Royal Ascot with an arm injury.
- Ribchester, Lady Aurelia, Big Orange, Highland Reel and Barney Roy produce show-stopping performances at Royal Ascot.
- Capri does the business in the Irish Derby at the Curragh.
- Epsom Derby winner Wings Of Eagles retired due to a fractured sesamoid.
- Champion Hurdle-winning trainer Mercy Rimell dies, aged 98.
- Ulysses crowned king of the Coral-Eclipse at Sandown.
- Harry Angel dazzles in the Darley July Cup at Newmarket.
- Bryan Cooper loses role as retained rider for Gigginstown House Stud.
- Enable on a different planet in the King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot.
- Ulysses, Enable and Marsha all emerge with Group One honours at York's Ebor meeting.
- Stradivarius gamely wins the Goodwood Cup, with Here Comes When a shock winner of the Sussex Stakes
- Davy Russell embroiled in controversy after he punches a horse at Tramore.
- Harry Angel simply divine in the Sprint Cup at Haydock.
- Capri shows class and guts to win the St Leger at Doncaster.
- The Ayr Gold Cup declared a washout and transferred to Haydock.
- Enable on top of the world in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Chantilly.
- Grand National winner One For Arthur ruled out for the season due to a tendon issue.
- Jimmy Fortune announces his retirement from the saddle.
- Prince Khalid Abdullah announces that Enable will stay in training next year.
- Persuasive and Cracksman produce fabulous performances on Champions Day at Ascot.
- Death announced of well-respected trainer Patrick Haslam.
- Britain's winning-most female trainer Mary Reveley died, aged 76.
- Aidan O'Brien secures his record-breaking 26th Group One victory of the year as Saxon Warrior wins the Racing Post Trophy at Doncaster.
- Classic-winning jockey George Baker said he will not ride again after suffering severe head injuries in February.
- Rekindling wins the Melbourne Cup for Joseph O'Brien.
- Bristol De Mai wins the Betfair Chase at Haydock by a thumping 57 lengths.
- Total Recall rewards favourite-backers in the Ladbrokes Trophy, formerly the Hennessy Gold Cup.
- Champion Hurdle hero Buveur D'Air makes a bloodless return in the Fighting Fifth Hurdle.
- Toast Of New York makes a triumphant comeback at Lingfield following an absence of 1,130 days.
- Teenage sensation Jack Kennedy performs a minor miracle to not only stay aboard Robin Des Mana at Clonmel, but win.
- Former dual champion trainer Peter Walwyn, the man responsible for Grundy, dies, aged 84.
- Politologue provides Paul Nicholls with a 10th success in the Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown.
- Sizing John is back in style in the John Durkan at Punchestown.
- Hayley Turner is handed a three-month riding suspension for breaching the rules governing betting by jockeys.
Related horse racing links
- Free horse racing betting tips
- All today's racecards
- Today's fast results
- Today's full results
- Today's Goings
- Today's Naps Table
- ABC Guide
- Sky Bet's horse racing odds