Mike Vince has been challenging the Sporting Life racing team's knowledge during the lockdown - now it's your turn to be put to the test.
Round 1.. True or False?
1. No Three year old has won the Gold Cup at Ascot in the last 50 years.
2. Martin Dwyer rode his first British classic winner on Sir Percy in the 2006 Derby at Epsom.
3. Hayley Turner, on Cavalero in 2012 was the first woman jockey to ride in the Derby.
4. When Sam Waley-Cohen on Long Run won the Gold Cup at Cheltenham in 2011 he was the first Amateur to win it since Mr Richard Black on Fortuna in 1947
5. The first past the post has been disqualified three times the Gold Cup at Ascot in the last 50 years, the highest tally for such a race in the world.
6. For the first time in a decade, no horse that won at Cheltenham on Trials day in 2020 went on to win at The Festival.
7. A four year old has been first past the post in The Derby
8. The Fellow won the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1994 having finished a short head second in the previous two years.
Round 2… 2019/2020
1. The last major race before close down was the Midlands Grand National at Uttoxeter. Who rode the winner?
2. Cheveley Park Stud has 2 winners at the Cheltenham Festival. Envoi Allen and which other horse?
3. Champion Jockey Oisin Murphy rode just one winner at Royal Ascot 2019. In what race?
4. Aidan O’ Brien has trained every winner of the Chester Vase since 2013 bar one, in 2018. Who trained that winner?
5. Which horse began the season by winning a Nottingham Maiden, and ended it by winning a domestic Group 1?
6. Which horse won the Great St Wilfrid at Ripon in August and then followed up at York’s Ebor Meeting four days later?
7. Who trained the winner of the Weatherbys Super Sprint in 2019, 22 years after he previously won it?
8. Joseph O’Brien trained the winner of the Matron Stakes. What was her name?
Round 3… This and That
1. Which owner has won both the Cheltenham and Ascot Gold Cups in the last decade?
2. How many times has Jenny Pitman trained the winner of the Cheltenham Gold Cup?
3. Jonjo O’Neill junior was Champion Conditional Jockey for 2019/20- who did he succeed to the title?
4. John Gosden has won three of the last 4 Dante Stakes. Golden Horn, Roaring Lion and which other horse?
5. Whose First winner as a trainer was Sandal at Newmarket in April 1972?
6. Where is the German Derby run?
7. Which trainer had a big Group 1 double in the Arkle Chase and Champion Hurdle on the first day of the Dublin Racing Festival in February of this year?
8. Billesdon Brook, the shock winner of the 2018 1,000 Guineas ended 2019 with victory in the Sun Chariot Stakes at Newmarket. Who rode her that day?
Round 4…Name the Racecourse
1. At which course is the Archerfield Cup run?
2. A bridge which was once the longest single arch bridge in the world passes over the South East corner of which racecourse?
3. The achievements of Spindrifter who won 13 races as a 2yo in 1980 are commemorated with a race at which track?
4. Which course’s feature race is the Group 3 Sovereign Stakes?
5. Which racecourse in Ireland stages Group racing for both flat and jumps races and has its biggest day in January?
6. At which course did Champion 2yo Pinatubo win on debut in 2019?
7. The address is Bromfield. Name the racecourse.
8. The Jockey Club Grassroots Series takes place all through the summer and all round the country with one big finals day- where?
We are committed in our support of responsible gambling. Recommended bets are advised to over-18s and we strongly encourage readers to wager only what they can afford to lose.