Liverpool and Manchester City will be delighted with their group stage draws in the Champions League, with Tottenham and Chelsea handed slightly tougher assignments but still groups they'll fancy getting out of.
Defending champions Liverpool are looking to make it three finals in a row and a seventh title and will face a familiar foe in Italian side Napoli, who were also in the same group as the Reds last season.
In fact, Napoli came close to dumping Jurgen Klopp's side out at Anfield in the final group game but for a fantastic late save from Alisson Becker to help send Liverpool through to eventually pick up a sixth European Cup.
Klopp will fancy topping the group that also contains Swiss side FC Salzburg and new Belgian champions Genk.
City are looking to finally climb the European mountain under Pep Guardiola and they should make serene progress given they've been drawn with Ukrainian Shakhtar Donetsk, Croatian side Dinamo Zagreb and Champions League debutants Atalanta from Serie A.
Last year's runners-up Tottenham face a tough test against German giants Bayern Munich along with Greek side Olympiakos and Crvena Zvezda - who beat Liverpool at home in last season's group stage.
Frank Lampard's Chelsea face semi-finalists Ajax, who had to come through qualifying this season, along with Spaniards Valencia and French side Lille.
Barcelona face a tough test in Group F as they line up against Germans Borussia Dortmund, Antonio Conte, Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez at Inter Milan and Slavia Prague.
Another group that stands out is Group D where Juventus and Atletico Madrid renew rivalries from last season and also take on Bayer Leverkusen and Lokomotiv Moscow.
Champions League group stage draw...
Group A: PSG, Real Madrid, Club Brugge, Galatasaray
Group B: Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Crvena Zvezda
Group C: Man City, Shakhtar Donetsk, Dinamo Zagreb, Atalanta
Group D: Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, Lokomotiv Moscow
Group E: Liverpool, Napoli, FC Salzburg, Genk
Group F: Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Slavia Prague
Group G: Zenit St Petersburg, Benfica, Lyon, RB Leipzig
Group H: Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille
Champions League group stage fixture dates
- Matchday 1: Sep. 17-18
- Matchday 2: Oct. 1-2
- Matchday 3: Oct. 22-23
- Matchday 4: Nov. 5-6
- Matchday 5: Nov. 26-27
- Matchday 6: Dec. 10-11
Champions League team profiles
Champions League odds
- 100/30 Manchester City
- 5/1 Barcelona
- 13/2 Liverpool
- 9/1 Juventus, Real Madrid
- 10/1 PSG
- 11/1 Juventus
- 12/1 Bayern Munich
- 20/1 Atletico Madrid
- 25/1 Tottenham
Champions League key dates
- Match day one: September 17/18
- Match day two: October 1/2
- Match day three: October 22/23
- Match day four: November 5/6
- Match day five: November 26/27
- Match day six: December 10/11
- Last 16 draw: December 16
- Round of 16 first leg: February 18/19 and 25/26
- Round of 16 second leg: March 10/11 and 17/18
- Quarter-final and semi-final draw: March 20
- Quarter-final first leg: April 7/8
- Quarter-final second leg: April 14/15
- Semi-final first leg: April 28/29
- Semi-final second leg: May 5/6
- Final: May 30
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet@SportingLifeFC
Related football links
- WATCH: Premier League highlights
- Liverpool dominate Arsenal
- Joelinton lifts the Toon gloom
- City too hot for Cherries
- Raul rescues a point for Wolves
- Lampard gets first Chelsea win
- Transfer Window: Done Deals
- What is deadline day like for a player?
- Sky Bet's transfer window specials
- Super 6: £2 million jackpot!
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results