Two goals from Sergio Aguero and one from Raheem Sterling gave Manchester City a 3-1 win over battling Bournemouth, who scored through a wonder strike from Harry Wilson.
Manchester City took the lead in the 15th minute courtesy of Sergio Aguero's close-range strike.
A low cross from the left found Kevin De Bruyne and, from the Belgian's mishit shot, Aguero was on hand to control and slot into the bottom corner.
Cherries full-back Charlie Daniels left the field on a stretcher and the hosts' misery was compounded when Raheem Sterling made it 2-0 after 43 minutes.
David Silva was the architect, feeding the England forward who controlled the ball on the run and poked home from 10 yards.
Harry Wilson, a replacement for the injured Daniels, grabbed a goal back for Bournemouth with a stunning free-kick just before the break to leave City 2-1 ahead at half-time.
A second goal from Aguero in the 64th minute meant City doubled their advantage and ran out 3-1 winners at the Vitality Stadium.
Bournemouth 1-3 Manchester City Opta stats
- Manchester City have won all nine of their top-flight games against Bournemouth – the best 100%-win record by a team over an opponent in top-flight history.
- Bournemouth have lost four of their last seven home Premier League matches (W1 D2 L4), as many as in their previous 18 at the Vitality Stadium.
- Man City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne registered his 50th Premier League assist in his 123rd appearance, reaching the tally in the fewest number of games in the competition’s history.
- Sergio Agüero’s second goal was his 400th career goal for club and country, with 235 of those coming for Manchester City.
- Bournemouth’s Harry Wilson became the youngest player (22 years & 156 days) to score in his first two Premier League appearances since Anthony Martial in September 2015 for Manchester United (19 years & 289 days).
- In all competitions, Man City’s Raheem Sterling has scored 11 goals against Bournemouth – more than any other opponent during his club career.
- Manchester City’s David Silva assisted twice in this game and has assisted more than once in 14 separate Premier League games – only Ryan Giggs and Cesc Fabregas have done so more often (17 games).
- Sergio Aguero and David Silva have combined for 27 Premier League goals - the only duos to combine for more are Thierry Henry and Robert Pires (29) and Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard (36).