Paper Talk has all the latest football rumour and transfer gossip, including Tottenham's potential spending spree.
- Tottenham have agreed a deal worth £28m for AC Milan forward Krzysztof Piatek.
- Reece Oxford is on the verge of joining struggling Dutch side VVV Venlo, just six months after quitting West Ham to sign for Augsburg.
- Gareth Bale is "going nowhere" in January and is highly unlikely to leave Real Madrid in the summer, his agent has claimed.
- Celtic winger Lewis Morgan could be on the verge of a sensational switch to David Beckham's Inter Miami.
- Former Arsenal boss Unai Emery has revealed that he was grilled by Everton for three hours when interviewing for their vacant managerial position, before ultimately losing out to Carlo Ancelotti.
- Chris Powell will continue in his role as one of Gareth Southgate's assistant coaches for Euro 2020, despite taking up a new role alongside Alan Pardew at ADO Den Haag.
- No deal for Pepe Reina will be made with Aston Villa until AC Milan have found another goalkeeper, according to the player's agent.
- West Ham have agreed a deal in principle to sign Benfica's Portuguese midfielder Gedson Fernandes on an 18-month loan without an option to buy
- Bayern Munich wonderkid Joshua Zirkzee has revealed he almost signed for Everton under Ronald Koeman, to become their next big hope following the departure of Romelu Lukaku.
- Southend players and staff are threatening to strike ahead of Saturday's game against Tranmere in a protest about unpaid wages, following an acrimonious meeting with manager Sol Campbell about the issue.
- Tottenham are keen on Barcelona right-back Nelson Semedo, with the Catalans and RB Leipzig entering the race for their preferred target, Norwich defender Max Aarons.
- Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers is refusing to give up on Juventus defender Merih Demiral - but has competition from Manchester City.
- Furious West Brom are considering suing rivals Aston Villa over their imminent £3m signing of Barcelona striker Louie Barry.
- Chelsea are poised to make a £40m January move for West Ham's French defender Issa Diop.
- Both Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are trying to sign Atletico Madrid winger Thomas Lemar on loan until the end of the season.
- Real Madrid still want to sell Wales international forward Gareth Bale, 30, despite his agent saying a summer move is unlikely.
- Mesut Ozil is facing a permanent blacklisting in China, to such an extent that TV commentators are deliberately not mentioning his name during broadcasts of Arsenal matches.
- Leicester have opened talks with Barcelona over a potential deal for young right-back Moussa Wague in the January transfer window.
- FC Metz striker Habib Diallo is on Chelsea'sradar, with the club willing to pay £17m to bring the Senegal 24-year-old to Stanford Bridge.
- Manchester United are waiting in the wings in case Arkadiusz Milik becomes available at Napoli before the end of January.
- Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta is being urged to swoop for Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake if Chelsea don't sign the Dutch 24-year-old.
- Crystal Palace or Brighton will have to pay a loan fee to Tottenham if they want right-back Kyle Walker-Peters on loan.
- Former Juventus player Fabrizio Miccoli has been sentenced to a three-and-a-half-year jail sentence over a Mafia extortion racket.
- Tottenham have made contact with Lyon over a potential blockbuster January transfer move for in-demand Moussa Dembele.
- Ross County star Mark Gallagher is set for a transfer to Aberdeen, as an extension for Jon Gallagher's loan deal from Atlanta United has been confirmed by the Dons.
- Tino Kadewere confirms he'd be willing to move this month - and the Celtic target doesn't only have his eyes on England.
- James Tavernier insists he's happy to stay at Rangers, despite interest from former club Newcastle.
- Celtic have been hit with a fresh injury blow for Hatem Elhamed as the right-back suffered a second groin injury in the Hoops' training camp in Dubai.
- Chelsea have been offered the chance to enter the race for Atletico Madrid winger Thomas Lemar. (London Evening Standard)
- Tottenham have identified Middlesbrough's teenage right-back Djed Spence as a possible future signing. (London Evening Standard)
- Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has ruled out a move for Manchester City star Leroy Sane in the January transfer window. (Manchester Evening News)
- Everton have been named as a potential destination for former Spurs midfielder Nabil Bentaleb. (Liverpool Echo)
- Southampton would consider allowing Jannik Vestergaard to leave the club in January. (Daily Echo)
- Aston Villa striker Jonathan Kodjia has emerged as a January target for Nottingham Forest (Nottingham Post)