A look at the best football stories from Thursday's back pages...
- Atletico Madrid have joined Sevilla in the hunt for Chelsea forward Alvaro Morata.
- Chelsea will report Bayern Munich to FIFA if they find evidence of an illegal approach by the Bundesliga club to Callum Hudson-Odoi, his family or his representatives.
- West Ham have rejected an offer of £35m from a Chinese Super League club for Marko Arnautovic but could be tempted to sell if they receive a bid closer to £50m.
- Manchester United paid Jose Mourinho's £15m compensation package immediately after he was sacked.
- Barcelona are taking steps towards luring Neymar back to the Nou Camp in a shock return from PSG. His father met with Barcelona representative Andre Cury in Brazil.
- Borussia Dortmund have started negotiations to sign Thorgan Hazard from Borussia Monchengladbach.
- Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi is likely to have his loan spell at Valencia ended early after he was taken off at half-time in Tuesday's Copa del Rey defeat by Sporting Gijon.
- Manchester United midfielder Ethan Hamilton is in talks over a loan move to League One Rochdale.
- Liverpool are looking to James Tarkowski to solve their centre-back issues but Burnley have slapped a £50m price tag on their defender.
- Manchester City are lining up West Ham midfielder Declan Rice as a long-term replacement for Fernandinho.
- West Ham are ready to offload striker Lucas Perez less than six months after signing him from Arsenal, with Spanish side Real Betis interested in a loan deal.
- Chelsea defender Gary Cahill's £150,000-a-week wages could wreck a potential deal away from Stamford Bridge.
- Manchester United are on the verge of signing Roma defender Kostas Manolas (pictured, above) for a cut-price deal of £30.5m.
- Arsenal are reportedly in the hunt to nab Porto midfielder Hector Herrera on a free transfer in the summer.
- Jurgen Klopp will consider keeping Portuguese youngster Rafael Camacho this month despite firm interest from Sporting Lisbon.
- Arsenal have held "successful talks" with Dalian Yifang over the transfer of Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco and are set to make an offer for the Belgian.
- Newcastle have been told to up their offer for Atlanta United star Miguel Almiron, with the MLS club wanting at least £30m for their midfielder.
LISTEN: Sky Bet Championship Podcast - click the image below to find out how to listen to our latest edition...
- Manchester United and Liverpool would be interested in £45m-rated Christian Eriksen from Tottenham.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has held talks with Marcus Rashford and made it clear he will spearhead United's attack ahead of Romelu Lukaku.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has also convinced Ander Herrera to turn down a move back to Athletic Bilbao to stay at Manchester United.
- Nacho Monreal has been tied down for a further year at Arsenal to keep him at the club until 2020.
- Real Madrid have opened discussions with Jose Mourinho's representatives over becoming their next manager, but his pay off from Manchester United must be addressed first.
- Liverpool are unlikely to move for Lyon's Nabil Fekir this month given the success of Xherdan Shaqiri's impact.
- Manchester United have been told to forget about signing Fiorentina's Nikola Milenkovic this month.
- Sevilla boss Pablo Machin has insisted it would be "a blessing" if the Spanish club land Alvaro Morata.
- Matt Doherty has got super-agent Jorge Mendes working on a new deal for him at Wolves amid interest from Tottenham.
- Mauro Icardi has given hope to suitors Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid with the news he's 'far away' from a new deal at Inter Milan.
- Mauricio Pochettino has identified a potential replacement for China-bound Mousa Dembele in the form of Milan midfielder Franck Kessie.
- Manchester United have reportedly shifted Nikola Milenkovic down their wanted list after the sacking of Jose Mourinho.
- A leading Premier League academy director has warned Brexit could send the cost of the best English talent "through the roof" as clubs now accelerate plans for the expected end to the free movement of European players below the age of 18.
- Aaron Ramsey's proposed deal at Juventus in the summer will be worth £36m overall and £140k a week.
- The International Cricket Council has announced an unprecedented 15-day amnesty for anyone who has failed to report a corrupt approach in Sri Lanka.
- Leigh Halfpenny is expected to miss at least the first two Six Nations matches after being told by a specialist he is at least three weeks away from a return from concussion.
- Timothy Fosu-Mensah, the Manchester United defender, wants to cut short his loan spell at Fulham and join another club until the end of the season.
Keep up to date with the latest transfers by following Sporting Life's daily transfer blog - click the image below for more...