Wednesday's Paper Talk has the latest football gossip, including Nigeria's hope Tammy Abraham will switch allegiance and play at international level for them rather than England.
- Inter Milan boss Antonio Conte wants to sign Christian Eriksen if the Tottenham playmaker does not sign a new deal.
- Chelsea winger Willian is wanted by his old boss Maurizio Sarri at Juventus, with the player in the final year of his contract at Stamford Bridge.
- Nigeria want Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham to play for them rather than England and say the 21-year-old expects to give them a decision by April 2020. Abraham has played for England at friendly level but can switch allegiance as he is yet to play a competitive game.
- Lincoln manager Danny Cowley has turned down Huddersfield over the vacant manager's role at the Sky Bet Championship club, but remains in talks with Sheffield Wednesday.
- Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng is facing charges of aggravated assault against his former partner.
- Free-agent Hatem Ben Arfa has revealed he turned down lots of clubs this summer because they did not "excite him".
- Liverpool are tracking Trabzonspor's £14m-rated goalkeeper Ugurcan Cakir. The Reds watched the 23-year-old Turkey international during a 1-1 draw with Fenerbahce last weekend.
- Manchester United are keeping tabs on young Benfica duo Ruben Dias and Florentino Luis.
- Manchester United will make an approach for Tottenham's Christian Eriksen in January, in the hope of signing the midfielder for a cut price fee.
- Tottenham are trying to sign Fulham's rising star Steven Sessegnon - less than a month after signing his twin brother.
- Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who turns 70 in October, wants to return to management - 16 months after the Frenchman ended a near 22-year reign as Gunners boss.
- Manchester United centre-half Lee O'Connor has moved to Celtic on a four-year deal.
- Michael Owen has claimed that former Three Lions manager Fabio Capello "finished my England career".
- Owen also says former international team-mate David Beckham let the national team down by being sent off against Argentina at the 1998 World Cup.
- Liverpool and Chelsea are chasing Wigan's 17-year-old English forward Joe Gelhardt, who has made three first-team appearances.
- Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham faces a tricky decision over his international future after Nigeria made an ambitious bid to lure him away from England.
- Freed Rangers midfielder Graham Dorrans will take time to weigh up his options before he decides his next move.
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Related football links
- Watch: Premier League highlights
- Transfer Window: Done Deals
- Barca's youngest ever LaLiga scorer
- Watch: OG settles Juve v Napoli thriller
- Lampard defends team selection
- Laporte facing long lay-off
- QUIZ: Test your football knowledge
- What is deadline day like for a player?
- Sky Bet's transfer window specials
- Super 6: £2 million jackpot!
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results