Two Premier League sides are chasing a West Ham defender while patience in Jesse Lingard wears thin at Old Trafford - all in Paper Talk.
- Massimiliano Allegri has his eye on the Manchester United job should Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Old Trafford reign end in the coming months.
- Aston Villa are hopeful of agreeing terms with AC Milan goalkeeper Pepe Reina on a short term contract with the option of a further year.
- Ajax are 'considering' an attempt to bring Matthijs de Ligt back to the club on loan after seeing his mixed start to life at Juventus.
- Tottenham are set to step up their bid to land Krzysztof Piatek from AC Milan.
- Jesse Lingard is facing the axe at Manchester United, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer targeting £60m-rated Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik.
- Chelsea are delaying bringing Nathan Ake back to the club until they can offload on Andreas Christensen from their wage bill.
- Arsenal are reportedly ready to battle Manchester United and Tottenham to sign highly-rated Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare.
- Shkodran Mustafi has changed agents, sparking speculation the Arsenal defender is looking to secure a move in the January transfer window.
- Chelsea want to beat Tottenham to a £40m January transfer deal for West Ham defender Issa Diop.
- Manchester City are targeting between four and six signings this year, depending on potential departures, as the Premier League champions seek to build on the serial success of recent seasons.
- Manchester United are giving serious consideration to a move for Donny van de Beek, the highly regarded young Ajax and Holland midfielder.
- Liverpool have identified Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey as an alternative to Jadon Sancho, according to reports.
- Sir Alex Ferguson and Ed Woodward felt humiliated by Manchester United's Carabao Cup defeat to Manchester City.
- Leeds are hoping to seal two transfer deals by the end of the month with a goalkeeper and striker their priority.
- Casey Stoney does not believe there will ever be enough resources to support VAR in the Women's Super League.