Get your Saturday Premier League coupon sorted with our previews, Super 6 predictions and best bets for all six of the 3pm kick-offs.
Burnley v Bournemouth
It's not quite panic stations for Burnley but it's not far off with the Clarets bottom with just one point and three goals from five games - and the last thing they needed was Bournemouth to go goal crazy in thrashing Leicester last week.
Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche are actually the Premier League's longest-serving managers currently and both are doing fantastic jobs, but there's no doubt the Cherries are in much better form and a much better frame of mind for this one.
Burnley managed to lose just 1-0 at Wolves when being soundly outplayed. They have faced a league-most 103 shots as they struggle defensively and go up against one of the most in-form players in Ryan Fraser - who's been involved in half of Bournemouth's ten goals when scoring three and laying on two.
Super 6 prediction: Burnley 1-2 Bournemouth (Sky Bet odds: 9/1)
Best bet: Bournemouth to beat Burnley at 6/4
Burnley v Bournemouth Opta stats
- Each of the last six league encounters between Burnley and Bournemouth have seen both sides on the scoresheet, with both teams winning twice and scoring nine goals (D2).
- Burnley have lost their last four Premier League games. They’ve never lost five in a row in the competition, last doing so in the top-flight back in January 1976.
- Bournemouth have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 Premier League away games, a 3-0 win at Chelsea in January.
- Burnley have faced a league-high 103 shots in the Premier League this season.
- Defender James Tarkowski is Burnley’s top scorer in the Premier League this season, scoring two goals from two shots on target.
- Bournemouth’s Eddie Howe (since 11/10/2012) and Burnley’s Sean Dyche (since 30/10/2012) are the current longest serving managers in the Premier League. They’ve each managed 119 games in the competition, with Howe winning 37 to Dyche’s 32.
Cardiff City v Manchester City
Pep Guardiola will be furious about losing against Lyon in the Champions League, and that spells danger for Cardiff who will have to face the backlash of a side that usually wins after playing in Europe (won eight of last nine following Champions League) but will now have the added incentive of getting over their midweek slip-up.
Guardiola, and Leroy Sane in particular, will remember their FA Cup visit in January that involved some agricultural challenges, shall we say, from Neil Warnock's side so it's hard to imagine CIty being more fired up for what usually would be a regulation away win for them.
Given Cardiff's only two points have come from 0-0 draws so far you know how they're going to play, but if City strike early, and they usually do, then this one could get out of hand in a hurry and you can name your score.
Warnock will not want to be embarrassed though so we'll give them credit and assume they can keep the score down, but a Premier League team being 16/1 to win at home tells you all you need to know about the size of their task.
Super 6 prediction: Cardiff 0-3 Man City (Sky Bet odds:11/2 )
Best Bet: Over 1.5 goals first half at 11/10
Cardiff City v Manchester City Opta stats
- This will be the third meeting between Cardiff and Man City in the Premier League, with the previous two encounters providing 11 goals – Cardiff winning 3-2 at home and losing 4-2 at the Etihad in 2013-14.
- Cardiff City have won just one of their 14 Premier League games against the ‘big six’ sides (W1 D1 L12), losing each of their last 10 conceding 30 goals in the process.
- Manchester City are unbeaten in their last 21 Premier League games against promoted sides (W16 D5) since a 0-1 defeat at Burnley in March 2015.
- Manchester City haven’t lost any of their last 31 Premier League games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday (W27 D4), since a 0-1 home defeat against Stoke in August 2014.
- Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has scored 12 and assisted two more in his last 12 Premier League games against newly promoted sides. However, he’s failed to score in both meetings against such sides this season (vs Wolves and Fulham).
Crystal Palace v Newcastle United
On first glance things look pretty bleak for Newcastle with just one point off lowly Cardiff to their names after five games, but when you consider the other four matches have been against Tottenham, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal then it's reasonably understandable that they are where they are right now.
What Rafa Benitez needs to do now is start driving them in the right direction, starting with getting something from a trip to London - where everybody knows Newcastle have an awful record.
It's hard to work out where this Newcastle side sit in the Premier League - on the one hand they were by no means disgraced and only lost by one against those four top teams, but on the other they are yet to be in the lead at any point this season.
On the other side we have got a Crystal Palace side who look to have a bit more quality in their squad but are almost totally reliant on Wilfried Zaha. Perhaps the safest play with this one is to sit on the fence.
Super 6 prediction: Crystal Palace 1-1 Newcastle (Sky Bet odds: 5/1)
Best Bet: Draw at 23/10
Crystal Palace v Newcastle United Opta stats
- Crystal Palace have won just one of their last 10 Premier League games against Newcastle United (W1 D4 L5) – a 5-1 victory at Selhurst Park in November 2015.
- Newcastle United have lost on 14 of their last 19 Premier League visits to London (W3 D2), conceding on each of their previous 20 trips to the capital.
- Crystal Palace have lost both of their Premier League home games this season; defeat against Newcastle would see them become just the second team in English top-flight history to lose their opening three home league games in consecutive seasons (after Newcastle in 1986-87 and 1987-88).
- Following a run of four wins in a row, Newcastle have won just one of their last 10 Premier League matches, drawing one and losing eight.
- Wilfried Zaha has scored 75% of Crystal Palace’s Premier League goals this season (3/4).
Leicester City v Huddersfield Town
Leicester were thumped at Bournemouth but a home clash with goal-shy Huddersfield offers up a tremendous bouncebackability factor and one which Claude Puel badly needs to win to get a few people off his back.
The Foxes' best performance this season probably remains their opening-day loss at Man Utd, but although the Terriers will offer dogged resistance the home side have more than enough to score the one goal that usually is enough to get the job done against Huddersfield.
With the needle on the expected goals statistical bar almost failing to move for most Huddersfield games, backing Leicester to win to nil seems like the most sensible way forward.
Super 6 prediction: Leicester 2-0 Huddersfield (Sky Bet odds: 6/1)
Best Bet: Leicester to win to nil at 6/4
Leicester City v Huddersfield Town Opta stats
- Leicester City have won eight of their last nine league games against Huddersfield (D1), netting 25 goals in the process, and have won each of their last seven home league meetings.
- Leicester have lost their last two Premier League games. It’s their fifth run of consecutive losses under manager Claude Puel, but they haven’t lost three in a row since a run of five under Claudio Ranieri in February 2017.
- Huddersfield have failed to score in 55.8% of their total Premier League games (24/43), the highest such ratio for any team to have played in the competition.
- Huddersfield have won just one of their last 15 Premier League games (D6 L8), scoring just five goals in that run and never more than once in a game.
- Since the start of last season, Leicester have been shown more Premier League red cards than any other side in the competition (7).
Liverpool v Southampton
The Reds are flying high after their Champions League win, and there should not be any hangover against a middling Southampton side with just one win so far and a overall poor record at Anfield.
The fact Jurgen Klopp managed to leave Naby Keita on the bench against PSG and to still win it shows Liverpool's increased squad power and he should be restored to the starting line-up along with one-eye match winner Roberto Firmino.
It's the kind of game last year's Liverpool could slip up in so it will be a test in its own way of their mental focus, but they do look a different animal this season so while they may not blow the Saints away they look more than good enough to take three points.
Super 6 prediction: Liverpool 2-0 Southampton (Sky Bet odds: 11/2)
Best bet: Liverpool to win 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1
Liverpool v Southampton Opta stats
- Southampton have won just three of their 19 Premier League visits to Anfield (W3 D6 L10), their last victory coming in September 2013.
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in each of their last four Premier League games against Southampton – the Reds’ longest current run in the competition.
- Liverpool are looking to start to top-flight campaign with six consecutive wins for the third time in their history, after 1978-79 (finished 1st) and 1990-91 (finished 2nd).
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in each of their last seven Premier League home games; only twice have they had a better run in the competition (9 in February 2007 and 8 in January 2006).
- Since the start of last season, Southampton have dropped more points from winning positions than any other current Premier League side (26).
Manchester United v Wolves
This is a great Premier League game to get your teeth into as genuinely anything could happen as Wolves face another huge test when they visit Old Trafford having already pinched a point off rivals Man City.
They have played some lovely football but finishing off those chances has been a concern and a Jose Mourinho side is always sent out to limit those chances to a minimum so Wolves best have their finishing boots on.
Wins against Burnley, Watford and Young Boys are not highlight reel victories but they have given Mourinho some welcome breathing space and that may ensure a more free-flowing United side run out on Saturday.
Wolves should have a decent amount of the ball given the way they play, but whether they can take advantage to create, and finish off, chances is the big question - they had 30 shots against Burnley and scored once.
Super 6 prediction: Man Utd 1-1 Wolves (Sky Bet odds: 13/2)
Best bet: Draw at 3/1
Manchester United v Wolves Opta stats
- Manchester United have won their last six league games against Wolves at Old Trafford, including all four in the Premier League – one of six sides they have played against on at least four occasions at home in the competition while retaining a 100% record.
- Manchester United are looking to avoid consecutive home defeats in the Premier League for the first time since March 2014, while manager José Mourinho has never suffered back-to-back home league defeats in his managerial career.
- Manchester United have lost just one of their last 49 Premier League home games against promoted sides (W42 D6), a 1-2 defeat against Norwich City in December 2015.
- Man Utd have lost three of their last five Premier League games immediately following a Champions League match (W2).
- Manchester United’s Alexis Sánchez has been directly involved in 19 goals in 22 Premier League appearances against promoted sides (15 goals, 4 assists).
Odds correct as of 1145 on 20/09/18
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Related football links