Liverpool kicked off their season in style with Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah scoring in a commanding 4-0 win over West Ham at Anfield.
It was a stroll next to Stanley Park for Liverpool, who took the lead after just 19 minute when Salah picked up where he left off last season by tapping in a great low cross from Andy Robertson to cap off a wonderful flowing move.
Mane double the home side's advantage just before half time when he also converted from close range from a James Milner cross, before killing off the game early in the second half with a low rifled effort - although he was certainly offside.
Premier League title betting update...
Liverpool had been around the 9/2 mark before they kicked off their season at Anfield on Sunday, but the result saw their odds cut to 7/2 to claim the title. Manchester City remain the odds-on favourites at 8/13 to defend their title.
Liverpool had dominated throughout and Daniel Sturridge came off the bench to complete the rout two minutes from time when he tapped home a corner at the far post with his very first touch.
Things could not have gone any better for Jurgen Klopp with Naby Keita enjoying a fine debut running the midfield, the defence and goalkeeper Alisson spectating for most of the game and the front men looking fluid and threatening throughout.
Manuel Pellegrini has spent £100m in the summer but has plenty of work to do going on this display, but his season will not be judged on games at the top four teams and his side will need time to gel.
For Liverpool, though, they've hit the ground running in what is being billed as a Premier League title push - they couldn't have possibly wanted a better start.
- Liverpool are only the second side in Premier League history to score 4+ goals in four consecutive games against a single opponent, after Tottenham v Stoke.
- West Ham have lost their season opener 12 times in the Premier League, more than any other side.
- Liverpool’s Naby Keita is just the fifth player from Guinea to play in the Premier League, after Mohammed Camara, Titi Camara, Kaba Diawara and Kamil Zayatte.
- West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini has lost more Premier League games against Liverpool than he has vs any other opponent in the competition (P7 W2 D0 L5).
- Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in five goals in his three Premier League meetings with West Ham for Liverpool (4 goals, 1 assist).
- Salah has scored 20 goals in his 20 Premier League games at Anfield for Liverpool.
- Only Andrew Cole and Alan Shearer (both 41 goals), have scored more in their first 50 Premier League appearances than Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah.
- Sadio Mane is the first Liverpool player to score in three consecutive opening top-flight fixtures since John Barnes between 1989-90 and 1991-92
- Liverpool attacker Mané is just the sixth player in Premier League history to score on 3+ consecutive opening weekends, after Teddy Sheringham (4 between 1992-93 and 1995-96), Louis Saha (2001-02 to 2003-04), Thierry Henry (2001-02 to 2003-04), Alan Shearer (2002-03 to 2004-05) and David Silva (2013-14 to 2015-16).
- Daniel Sturridge scored just 24 seconds after coming on as a substitute for Liverpool, also scoring with what was his first touch.