Transfer rumours and football gossip: Robert Lewandowski, Donny van de Beek, Niklas Sule
By Sporting Life
09:14 · FRI October 15, 2021
Read the latest football gossip and transfer rumours from the national newspapers with Sporting Life's Paper Talk.
- Newcastle United are discussing appointing an experienced interim manager to replace Steve Bruce until a more permanent appointment can be made.
- Rafa Benitez does not want to walk out on Everton to return as Newcastle United manager even though he was the new owners' ideal candidate for the role.
- Manchester United want Marcus Rashford to put on muscle to limit the chance of further injury now the forward is ready to return.
- Liverpool are considering sending Alisson and Fabinho to Spain from international duty with Brazil to avoid the pair facing quarantine issues in the UK.
- Manchester City are a 'possible destination' for mercurial Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski, his agent has reportedly claimed.
- Richarlison has taken to Twitter to share a picture of himself getting his second Covid-19 vaccination.
- Manchester United's latest big-money contract offer to Paul Pogba is a 'sign of desperation', according to their former midfielder Paul Ince.
- Tottenham Supporters' Trust claim the club has lost its DNA and focuses more on profit than trophies.
- Newcastle players are confused about Steve Bruce's future and want clarity, while many of them want a change of manager.
- Ian Rush, Kevin Keegan and Roy Evans were among a host of Liverpool legends to attend the funeral service of Roger Hunt.
- Wayne Rooney has urged Derby's administrators to leave the club in good hands as they assess potential buyers.
- Manchester United flop Donny van de Beek could finally be on his way out of Old Trafford, as the midfielder looks set to leave the club during the January transfer window.
- Jesse Lingard is ready to leave Manchester United in January - to rescue his hopes of going to next year's World Cup.
- Arsenal have been given the green light to seal a January move for Noa Lang by Club Brugge boss Philippe Clement.
- Olivier Giroud has revealed how Jose Mourinho wanted to sign him for Tottenham.
WHAT IS EXPECTED GOALS? USE xG TO INCREASE PROFITS IN FOOTBALL BETTING
- Newcastle United's new Saudi Arabian ownership are reportedly clashing over whether to make Frank Lampard their next manager.
- Mohammed bin Salman bought Newcastle just a week ago - and reports say that he wants Inter Milan next for a huge £850m.
- Steve Bruce will reportedly not get sacked before the weekend - but Newcastle's new Saudi owners are still looking for a replacement.
- Newcastle are reportedly tracking Niklas Sule and Philippe Coutinho as they look to flex their new financial muscles.
- Barcelona are reportedly desperate to tie Ansu Fati down to a new deal, with agent Jorge Mendes arriving in Catalonia for talks.
- Jack Wilshere has backed Arsenal youngster Charlie Patino to become a future star and break into the first-team soon.
- Uefa will investigate an incident of alleged racist abuse aimed at Manchester United's Anthony Elanga.
- Robbie Neilson is confident of tying Scotland hero Craig Gordon down on an extended contract - joking the Hearts number one is in line for a new 15-year deal.
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Norwich City are plotting a January swoop for Aberdeen wonderkid Calvin Ramsay.
- Celtic have confirmed that fans will require Covid-19 vaccine passports to attend the club's clash with Ferencvaros.
- Dundee United striker Marc McNulty will be sidelined until Christmas after undergoing hamstring surgery.