Transfer rumours and football gossip: Georginio Wijnaldum, Martin Satriano, Nikola Milenkovic, Erling Haaland
By Sporting Life
08:00 · FRI February 26, 2021
- Georginio Wijnaldum's Liverpool future is still in doubt after Paris Saint-Germain and Inter Milan reported their interest in the midfielder.
- Premier League referees are paying for their mistakes, with yearly performance-related bonuses of up to £50,000 taking a hit with each error.
- UEFA are reportedly planning to take the Champions League final to New York as part of plans to widen the competition's global appeal.
- Inter Milan striker Martin Satriano is 'flattered' to be linked with Premier League clubs Arsenal and Chelsea.
- Manchester United have opened talks over a deal for Fiorentina star Nikola Milenkovic, according to reports.
- Inter Milan are dealing with a coronavirus outbreak after five senior staff members tested positive for the virus.
- Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani has been taking ballet lessons to help his strength and stamina in the club's Premier League title hunt.
- UEFA bosses have told the planned Euro 2020 hosts they still expect the tournament to be played in 12 nations this summer.
- Borussia Dortmund hotshot Erling Haaland is wanted by 10 clubs after a stunning season in Germany.
- Borussia Dortmund look set to land wonderkid Soumaila Coulibaly from Paris Saint-Germain, according to reports.
- Jesse Lingard believes he has come of age for West Ham after lacking "focus and concentration" at parent club Manchester United.
- Maurizio Sarri incredibly agreed a return to Chelsea after Frank Lampard's sacking last month, according to reports in Italy.
- Chelsea are making progress in their pursuit of Erling Haaland after pitching their project to the Borussia Dortmund star's representatives, according to reports.
- Liverpool are reportedly weighing up a swoop for Torino defender Gleison Bremer in the summer transfer window.
- Marcus Rashford is at the centre of a multi-million-pound tug-of-war between current sponsors Nike and rivals Puma.
- Arsenal legend Martin Keown has doubled down on the "reservations" surrounding his old club signing Martin Odegaard.
- PSG's sporting director Leonardo is unsure whether Moise Kean will remain in Paris citing a difficult transfer market as an issue.
- Manchester United are still hopeful Paul Pogba will sign a new contract with the club, according to reports.
- Bayern Munich's David Alaba will prioritise a move to a team that intend to play him in central midfield, according to reports.
- The judge at the centre of a doomed Rangers fraud investigation is set to be called as a witness at a £5m damages action brought by the club's administrator.
- Rumoured Celtic manager target Rafa Benitez has announced he will only take a job in Europe as he ruled out a lucrative posting in the Middle East.