With the transfer window still open for European, Scottish and Sky Bet League One and League Two clubs, there is still plenty of transfer gossip floating around the back pages.
- Tottenham are willing to more than double Christian Eriksen's wages up to £200,000 a week to secure his long-term future.
- Arsenal fear the security threats that caused Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac to miss the first game of the season could keep them out of more matches.
- Chelsea will consider bringing forward Antonio Rudiger's planned return from a serious knee injury following Sunday's 4-0 thrashing at Manchester United.
- Gareth Bale is ready to dig-in at Real Madrid until the Chinese Super League market re-opens in November, or until there is a change in coach at the club.
- Inter Milan appear set to offer Matteo Darmian a way out of Manchester United after agreeing a deal to take the player on a free transfer.
- Juventus are set to step up their bid to sign Inter Milan's Mauro Icardi, while Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Paulo Dybala could also be on the move before the Serie A transfer deadline.
- Ernesto Valverde has revealed that Lionel Messi could miss Barcelona's opening La Liga game against Athletic Bilbao on Friday.
- Raheem Sterling is contemplating an offer to be one of the first footballers to sign a personal endorsement to wear Air Jordan football boots, in what could be one of the most lucrative boot deals in history.
- Daniel Sturridge's future is expected to be resolved this week as he considers offers from clubs including DC United, Real Betis, Bologna, Marseille, Fenerbahce and Besiktas.
- Football lawmakers IFAB are set to review whether fans should be shown the entire decision-making process behind the video assistant referee (VAR) system on stadium big screens.
- Mesut Ozil's home is being watched by a 24-hour dog patrol amid fears for his safety as he remains caught up in a gang war.
- Wilfried Zaha agreed to a training-ground truce after a sensational players' meeting at Crystal Palace.
- Inter Miami are set to launch a bid to land Edinson Cavani on a free transfer when his contract at Paris Saint-Germain expires.
- Wilfried Bony has been training with League Two side Newport County having not found a club since his recent release from Swansea City.
- The lawyer who paid Neymar's transfer fee when he moved to Paris Saint-Germain has been spotted yet again - heading into Barcelona's offices.
- Manchester United youngster Aidan Barlow will join Norwegian side Tromso on a season-long loan deal.
- AS Monaco are ready to launch a £19m bid for Sevilla's Wissam Ben Yedder.
- Barcelona will offer Philippe Coutinho and €100m (£92m) to Paris St-Germain in the hope of re-signing Neymar this summer.
- Matteo Darmian is set to join Romelu Lukaku at Inter Milan next year when his Manchester United contract expires.
- Mesut Ozil has doubts over whether to quit Arsenal for DC United despite his representatives entertaining the idea of a Stateside move.
- Real Madrid have reportedly offered James Rodriguez and £111m for Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar.
- Former Kilmarnock and Celtic midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu has been in talks with Ligue 1 sides Dijon and Nimes.
- Celtic are tracking Rosenborg full-back Birger Meling and have scouted Kilmarnock star Greg Taylor as a replacement for Kieran Tierney.
- Rangers target Ryan Kent has gone to war with Liverpool - using the Bible to blast them about being left in the wilderness.
- Steven Gerrard is eyeing Argentine right-back Leonel Di Placido as a possible January replacement for skipper James Tavernier.
- Nottingham Forest boss Sabri Lamouchi is bidding to shunt Jason Cummings out of the exit door at the City Ground.
- Hearts striker Craig Wighton faces a spell on the sidelines with a knee injury.