Crystal Palace have a dreadful record at home this season and that looks like playing into the hands of handy away side Chelsea on Sunday.
For advised bookmakers and each-way terms, visit our transparent tipping record
Crystal Palace v Chelsea
Palace's wretched home record of just two league wins this season means they're vulnerable to say the least as Chelsea come to Selhurst Park eyeing up a seventh away win of the campaign and third on the spin.
Maurizio Sarri's men have been far from consistent of late though and with the Eagles upsetting Man City at the Etihad they have a new-found belief that they can challenge the Premier League's big boys.
It seems to be tough going for Roy Hodgson's side at home though and this Chelsea outfit, with the excellent Eden Hazard, and superbly equipped to pick teams off on the counter attack.
Stopping Hazard will be priority number one, two and three for Palace, who actually have enjoyed their recent games against the Blues but will need to score a couple, you fancy, to get a win in this one.
Prediction: Crystal Palace 0-1 Chelsea (Sky Bet odds: 6/1)
This may not be a classic given recent performances from both teams - and it's just that lack of cutting edge up front for Palace and the star quality of Hazard that points to a tight Chelsea win.
Best Bet: Chelsea win to nil at 15/8
Palace have scored five home league goals all season, two of those being penalties, so it may be a lot to ask for them to get a goal here even if Chelsea's defence isn't the best.
RequestABet: Chelsea win, under 2.5 goals, 40+ match bookings, under five palace corners
That palace win at man City was brilliant, but they've struggled so much at home that everything points to them coming unstuck again and not seeing too much joy during the game.
Crystal Palace v Chelsea Opta stats
- Crystal Palace have won two of their last four league encounters with Chelsea (L2), as many wins as they’d registered in their previous 18 combined (W2 D4 L12)
- Chelsea lost in this exact fixture last season (1-2) – they’ve never suffered consecutive away defeats against Crystal Palace in league competition.
- Crystal Palace have won only two of their last 14 Premier League London derbies at Selhurst Park (W2 D2 L10), although one of those wins came against Chelsea in October 2017.
- Chelsea are winless in their last five away Premier League London derbies (D2 L3), their longest run without a win on the road since a run of eight between December 2010 and September 2012.
- Crystal Palace have won more points in their last three Premier League games (7) than they had in their previous 11 in the competition (6).
- Since winning their first Premier League London derby under Roy Hodgson (2-1 vs Chelsea), Crystal Palace have won just one of their last 12 in the competition (W1 D3 L8), losing the last three in a row.
- Chelsea are looking to win three consecutive Premier League away games for the first time under Maurizio Sarri, last doing so in April when Antonio Conte was in charge.
- Crystal Palace midfielder Luka Milivojevic has scored more Premier League goals since his debut in February 2017 than any other Eagles player (17).
- Chelsea star Eden Hazard has been involved in more goals than any other Premier League player coming into this weekend (19 – 10 goals, 9 assists).
- Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson has enjoyed three victories in his last four home games against Chelsea in the Premier League (L1), achieving wins with Liverpool in November 2010, West Brom in March 2012 and with the Eagles in this fixture last season.