Two of the Sky Bet Championship's promotion hopefuls meet at The Den on Friday night and Tom Carnduff is backing Fulham to defeat Millwall.
Millwall v Fulham recommended bets
For details of advised bookmakers and each-way terms, visit our transparent tipping record
Millwall v Fulham (1945 BST, Sky Sports Main Event)
Two of the Sky Bet Championship's promotion hopefuls meet at The Den on Friday night when Millwall welcome London rivals Fulham.
The visitors are hopeful of a spot in the top two and find themselves one point behind Cardiff City, although the Bluebirds do have a game in-hand.
Slavisa Jokanovic's men are also hoping that Nottingham Forest do them a favour with victory over Cardiff when they meet on Saturday afternoon.
Millwall have used this fixture to raise awareness for the For Jimmy organisation, which aims to tackle street violence and foster community spirit in London.
The Lions will use the match to honour Millwall fan Jimmy Mizen, who was killed in 2008 at the age of 16. Jimmy's Day has been held annually for the last six years at The Den.
The hosts can take confidence in their incredible 17-match unbeaten run in the league that has taken them into the play-off positions, much to the surprise of most of the division.
The Den is always a tough place for opposing sides to play, and Millwall have lost just three of their 21 home fixtures this season.
However, Fulham are the second best away side in the Championship with only already-promoted Wolves picking up more points on the road.
They were also successful when they met Neil Harris' side back in November, Oliver Norwood's penalty the difference in a 1-0 win at Craven Cottage.
- Millwall are winless in four home league meetings with Fulham (D3 L1) since winning 4-3 in April 1982.
- There have been just two goals scored in the last three Championship meetings between these sides, with both sides scoring one apiece.
- The Lions have lost one of their last 13 home matches on Friday in all competitions (W8 D4), a 1-0 defeat to Bolton in December 2014.
- Slavisa Jokanovic has won all three Championship meetings with Millwall, winning two with Watford and one with Fulham.
- Ryan Sessegnon has scored more league goals in 2017-18 than any other teenager in the top four tiers of English football (14 goals).
- George Saville’s 10 goals have been worth 12 points for Millwall this season – only three players’ goals have been more valuable in the Championship (Billy Sharp 17, James Maddison 16, Albert Adomah 14).
Anything Millwall can do, Fulham can do better. The Cottagers are on a 21-game unbeaten run in the Championship, with 16 of those games ending in victory.
That sets this game up to be a cracker, with both sides remarkable points run on the line. The result could also shake up the entire promotion picture.
If Millwall were to pick up three points, they'd move themselves into fifth, but more importantly they'd make people sit up and really take notice of them, if they aren't already.
That though, is easier said than done. Fulham are a real quality outfit and will have firm belief that they will be a Premier League outfit next season.
Their automatic promotion race with Cardiff is set to go down to the wire and they need maximum points in their remaining three fixtures if they are to seal second spot.
Fulham can be found at odds of 23/20 to pick up all three points on Friday night, and I'm backing them for victory.
Aleksandar Mitrovic has been on a great run of form since making the loan switch to Fulham from Newcastle United at the end of January. He's scored 10 goals in 14 appearances and is best priced at 7/5 to strike anytime.
The best odds though come from combining the two outcomes in Mitrovic to score anytime and Fulham to win the match, which gives a tempting price of 9/4.
Score prediction: Millwall 1-2 Fulham (Sky Bet odds: 8/1) (Tom Carnduff)
Best bet: Aleksandar Mitrovic to score anytime and Fulham to win at 9/4
Alternative bet: Fulham to be leading at half-time at 7/4