Jamie Vardy scored his 11th goal of the season to help Leicester back up to second with a 2-0 win over Arsenal at the King Power.
The forward scored his ninth goal in nine games against the Gunners to inspire the Foxes to a 2-0 win and into second in the Premier League.
Vardy, the top flight's 11-goal leading scorer, also set up James Maddison's clincher as Emery's side slumped to a limp defeat at the King Power Stadium.
Alexandre Lacazette wasted Arsenal's best chance and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had a goal disallowed but the visitors were poor.
The Gunners, winless in the Premier League for over a month, slipped eight points behind the top four with Emery's position under increasing scrutiny.
Leicester now sit five points behind leaders Liverpool - who host Manchester City on Sunday - after a deserved fifth straight win.
- Leicester have won three consecutive top-flight home games against Arsenal for the first time in their history.
- Arsenal have earned 87 points from their 50 Premier League games under Unai Emery (W25 D12 L13) – one fewer than they won in their final 50 under Arsene Wenger (W27 D7 L16).
- Leicester have won five Premier League home games in a row for only the second time, last doing so in May 2017 under Craig Shakespeare.
- Arsenal had just one shot on target in this match, with that effort coming in the 20th minute from Alexandre Lacazette.
- Arsenal are winless in their last five Premier League away games since beating Newcastle 1-0 on the opening weekend (D2 L3).
- Leicester’s haul of 26 points from their 12 Premier League games this season is their most ever at this stage of a top-flight campaign, and one more than they had in their title winning season of 2015-16.
- Arsenal’s record of 17 points and -1 goal difference is their worst start to a top-flight season after 12 games since 1982-83 (15 points). They also had 17 points in 2014-15, but had goal difference of +5.
- Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has scored nine goals in his nine Premier League starts against Arsenal – in Premier League history, only Wayne Rooney (12), Robbie Fowler (10) and Harry Kane (10) have scored more against the Gunners.
- Leicester striker Jamie Vardy is the top Premier League goalscorer so far this season (11), as well as being the top scorer in the competition in 2019 (23).
- Leicester’s James Maddison has scored more goals from outside the box than any other player in the Premier League this season (3).
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Related football links
- Liverpool v Man City: The Tactics
- Listen: Premier League Weekly Podcast
- Pundits on Liverpool v Man City
- Liverpool v Man City stat attack
- Listen: Championship Podcast with David Prutton
- Watch: PL MD11 highlights
- This Manager's Life: Sabri Lamouchi
- Super 6: Enter NOW!
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results