Carabao Cup holders Man City take on Premier League strugglers Fulham at the Etihad on Thursday evening. With no shock expected, we look for value.
For details of advised bookmakers and each-way terms, visit our transparent tipping record
Manchester City v Fulham (1945 BST)
A clash in a competition few of these teams will want to think about at this stage of the season.
It is not televised, but rescheduled for Thursday because of Pep Guardiola's side's fixture schedule - they have four games in 10 days across the Premier League, Carabao Cup and Champions League.
It is sandwiched between Monday's win at Tottenham and Sunday's match at home to Southampton, so expect the holders to make wholesale changes.
Not only is it far from ideal for the hosts, Fulham are struggling in the Premier League and it comes before they face relegation rivals Huddersfield on Monday.
Slavisa Jokanovic's side have collected just five points from their opening 10 games since returning from the top flight. While cup matches can provide be a springboard for league form, an away trip to City is now ideal.
Score prediction: Manchester City 3-0 Fulham (Sky Bet odds: 11/2)
No matter what team City put out it will be packed with quality, and no matter what team Fulham put out you couldn't trust them to keep a clean sheet so this one looks about as clear cut as you can get in this competition. It was 3-0 in the league meeting here in September.
Best bet: Man City match corners handicap (-5) at Evens
OK so we won't be millionaires but finding anything like value in a game where the hosts are 1/10 is always a tough assignment, especially when we're guessing on the line-up. City have only failed to cover this line once at home this season and regularly get into double figures for corners at the Etihad. When the two sides met in the league it was 10-4 in City's favour.
Goalscorer: Kevin De Bruyne anytime at 13/8
It's tough knowing exactly which way Guardiola will go but the Belgian is still being nursed back to full fitness and after a substitute appearance at Tottenham a start against Fulham would be another step in the right direction and as he's usually involved in everything he's a decent shout to grab a goal.
RequestABet: Jesus & Sane to score, Man City to win, over 2.5 goals & 9+ match corners at 3/1
Again we're not getting too rich but again it's a tough one to call with selection issues at the heart of it. Corners and goals should be easy enough to bring up but going for the two players most likely to play, and score, is the tougher prospect.
- Man City have won their last six matches against Fulham (all in the Premier League), including a 3-0 win earlier this season at the Etihad.
- The last League Cup meeting between Man City and Fulham was in September 2009 – City won 2-1 at the Etihad in extra-time with goals from Gareth Barry and Kolo Toure.
- Man City have failed to score in both of their League Cup fourth round matches under Pep Guardiola, losing 0-1 to Man Utd in 2016-17 and drawing 0-0 with Wolves last season, before going through on penalties.
- This is Fulham’s first League Cup fourth round match since 2014-15, when they were beaten 5-2 by Derby County; they last reached the quarter-final in 2004-05.
- Man City and Fulham have met in the League Cup fourth round once previously – the Cottagers won 3-2 in a November 1967 clash.
- Under Slavisa Jokanovic, Fulham have won all three of their away League Cup matches, winning against Leyton Orient, Wycombe Wanderers and Millwall.
- The holders of the League Cup have been eliminated at the fourth round stage in three of the last four seasons – Man City in 2014-15, Chelsea in 2015-16 and Man City in 2016-17.
- Fulham last faced the holders of the League Cup in the 1999-2000 season, when they played Spurs – they won 3-1 with goals from Barry Hayles, Wayne Collins and Geoff Horsfield.
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Odds correct as of 1600 GMT on 31/10/18