George Pitts says Everton's injury worries give West Ham a great chance of getting their first Premier League win of the season on Sunday.
For details of advised bookmakers and each-way terms, visit our transparent tipping record
Everton v West Ham (1600 KO, Sky Sports Premier League)
Everton's injury crisis has eased slightly going into their home match with West Ham, but it still makes difficult reading for Marco Silva.
Despite having the international break to recover and recoup, the Toffees will be without Seamus Coleman, Richarlison - serving the final match of his suspension - Phil Jagielka, Andre Gomes and Michael Keane, with more doubts too.
It presents West Ham with the perfect opportunity to get their first Premier League win of the season under Manuel Pellegrini. So far they have shown glimpses of promise after an expensive summer, mostly looking disjointed though and on other occasions just plain unlucky.
Goodison is not the easiest place to go, but Pellegrini will have had his players working hard on the training ground over the international break and they can come away from Merseyside with all three points.
Score prediction: Everton 1-2 West Ham (Sky Bet odds: 11/1)
While Everton's situation has eased up, they are still short of a few key players including star attacker and summer arrival Richarlison. West Ham dropped points late on in their last outing against Wolves and they need to catch a break soon - injuries for the Toffees could well provide them with that. Otherwise they are in deep trouble. We are backing them to edge what could be an entertaining but scrappy clash at Goodison.
Best bet: Draw no bet - West Ham at 15/8
Backing the Hammers to win, draw no bet, provides insurance as they look to leave Merseyside with at least a point. There is good value in backing a Hammers victory in some way - hopefully they can kick-start their season here.
Goalscorer bet: Marko Arnautovic to score anytime at 47/20
The Austrian has been influential for the Hammers since arriving from Stoke in 2017. He has had a hand in 38% of West Ham's Premier League goals since August of last year and already has two to his name this season. If they want an attacker to stand up and be counted at Goodison, it is Arnautovic. Boost the odds to 16/1 by backing him to score from outside the area, or 9/2 in a score-and-win.
RequestABet: Marko Arnautovic to score anytime, BTTS, 60+ booking points at 14/1
With confidence in Arnautovic to score at Goodison, there could be goals in an entertaining but scrappy match. The Hammers have already received 13 bookings in the Premier League this season while Everton have had seven - plus two red cards - so Martin Atkinson could have a busy afternoon officiating on Sunday.
Opta match facts
- Everton have only lost two of their last 20 Premier League encounters with West Ham (W12 D6 L2), though both losses have arrived in the last five meetings.
- West Ham have won just one of their last 11 Premier League trips to Goodison Park (W1 D3 L7), winning 3-2 back in March 2016.
- Everton have won more Premier League matches (24) and scored more goals (80) against West Ham than they have versus any other team.
- West Ham have lost their first four league games in a season for only the second time in their history and first since 2010-11 when they were relegated. The Hammers have never lost their first five league games of a season.
- Manuel Pellegrini is the first West Ham manager to lose his first four Premier League games in charge since Avram Grant. No West Ham manager has ever lost his first five at the helm in the Premier League.
- Everton have won only one of their last 12 Premier League matches on Sunday (W1 D2 L9), losing their last such game 1-3 versus West Ham in May.
- West Ham have picked up just one win from their last 15 away Premier League games played on Sunday (W1 D5 L9).
- Since the start of last season, Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been directly involved in more goals for Everton in all competitions than any other player (11 goals, 6 assists).
- Everton winger Theo Walcott has scored more Premier League goals versus West Ham than he has against any other team (6).
- Everton have been shown more red cards than any other team in Premier League history (91), although they haven’t had one against West Ham since Kevin Mirallas was dismissed in this exact fixture in March 2016.
- Marko Arnautovic has had a hand in a higher share of West Ham’s Premier League goals since August 2017 than any other player (38% - 19/50).
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLife
Odds correct as of 1924 BST on 15/09/18