We have a 9/2 shot and 14/1 recommendation for what should be an entertaining derby between West Ham and Chelsea.
For details of advised bookmakers and each-way terms, visit our transparent tipping record
West Ham United v Chelsea (1330 KO, Sky Sports Premier League)
West Ham will be looking to build on their first Premier League win of the season, and they will be hoping Chelsea's midweek Europa League involvement plays into their hands for the London derby.
The Hammers were 3-1 victors at Everton last time out, but they face a tougher task as they look to end Chelsea's unbeaten run in what is often a feisty clash both on and off the field - so the booking market could be one to watch.
After the injury blow to Jack Wilshere this week Manuel Pellegrini will be hoping for better news regarding Marko Arnautovic, who has been their star this season and featured in last week's winning 14/1 Sporting Life RequestABet.
The good news for Chelsea is the rest Eden Hazard enjoyed in midweek, with the Belgian making a red-hot start to the season and he will look to follow up his hat-trick against Cardiff last time out.
He is a key reason behind the Blues' five-match winning start and West Ham will know all about the threat he poses - stopping him, though, is something else.
Score prediction: West Ham 1-3 Chelsea (Sky Bet odds: 11/1)
Maurizio Sarri should be able to juggle their European and domestic fixtures and there should be no issue here in an entertaining derby. With Arnautovic's level of involvement remaining to be seen, Hazard and co. should leave east London with a valuable three points.
Best bet: Chelsea to win with a -1 handicap at 6/4
The Blues are gradually improving under Maurizio Sarri and their last two results have been wins by two and three-goal margins. It will be cagey given the usual reputation of this particular London derby, but Arnautovic could only play a small part and the fact the Hammers have already conceded 11 goals (with only Fulham worse than that on 12), they could ship a few here while failing to match it at the other end.
Goalscorer bet: Marcos Alonso to score and Chelsea to win at 9/2
Eden Hazard may be an obvious option but at just over evens presents little value, so looking elsewhere in the field for goals sees Alonso as a top candidate. The Spaniard plays in an advanced left-back position and has one goal and two assists to his name this season. He averages over two shots per game and, with the Hammers concentrating on Chelsea's attackers, could find space with a late run into the box. Other options worth looking at are Pedro, who has a team-high average of three shots per game (and three goals in total), plus Willian who has scored in successive games in all competitions for Chelsea - those players are available to score anytime at a best price of 15/8 and 2/1 respectively.
RequestABet: Chelsea to win, BTTS, Eden Hazard anytime, Chelsea 5+ corners, 60+ total booking points at 12/1
Chelsea are fancied to win with plenty of goals at the London Stadium, Hazard could be key again while the Blues have had at least five corners in all five of their Premier League games so far this term. The Hammers have already received 18 bookings this season, and given the temperament of this clash we could see a busy afternoon for Mike Dean in the middle, who has already dished out 10 yellows and two reds in three games this term.
Opta match facts
- West Ham have won three of their last six Premier League home games against Chelsea (W3 L3), this after previously enduring a six-game winless run (D1 L5).
- West Ham ended a 11-game run of conceding against Chelsea at home in the league when they won 1-0 in December – they last kept successive clean sheets at home versus the Blues in August 1969.
- Only Arsenal (123) have won more Premier League London derbies than Chelsea (121), while West Ham have lost more than any other side in the competition (95).
- West Ham are without a win in a Premier League London derby since beating Chelsea in December; since then they’ve drawn four and lost two.
- Chelsea are looking to win their opening six games to a Premier League campaign for the third time (after 2005-06 and 2009-10) – no other side has done it more than once in the competition. The Blues have won the league on both previous occasions they’ve won their first six.
- West Ham have lost both of their Premier League games at the London Stadium in 201819 – they’ve never lost their first three home games in a league season before.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has either scored or assisted a goal in each of his last five Premier League appearances – he’s never done so in six consecutive games before.
- Marko Arnautovic has been directly involved in 80% of West Ham’s five Premier League goals this season (3 goals, 1 assist).
- Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri could become only the third manager to win his first six Premier League games in charge, after Carlo Ancelotti and Pep Guardiola.
- Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has been directly involved in nine goals in his 10 Premier League games against West Ham (6 goals, 3 assists) – against no side has he been involved in more in the competition.
Odds correct as of 1600 BST on 20/09/18