Goals from Pedro and Ruben Loftus-Cheek gave Chelsea a largely comfortable 2-0 victory over west London rivals Fulham at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues scored right at the start and right at the end of the game and were largely in control of the game as Claudio Ranieri endured a losing return to the Bridge.
Chelsea needed just four minutes to break the deadlock as Padro bagged their 100th goal at home in the Premier League.
N'Golo Kante won possession in midfield and burst forward at pace, releasing Pedro who cut inside and curled a left-footed effort into the bottom corner.
Ranieri brought on Floyd Ayite and Aboubakar Kamara at half-time to try and reverse their fortunes, and they were a much improved team after the break.
Fulham almost drew level as Calum Chambers brought a fine save out of Kepa Arrizabalaga with a header, and he had had another chance soon after, testing Kepa from the edge of the area with a curling effort.
Chelsea should have made the game safe in the 72nd minute, but substitute Alvaro Morata volleyed over an open goal from close range following a parried save by Sergio Rico.
Chelsea substitute Ruben Loftus-Cheek scored the second eight minutes from time, curling home from inside the box following a one-two with Hazard.
Chelsea 2-0 Fulham - Opta stats
- Chelsea haven’t lost any of their last 11 home games in the Premier League (W6 D5) – their longest unbeaten run at Stamford Bridge in the competition since August 2015 (a run of 21 games).
- Fulham have conceded 35 goals in the Premier League this season – their joint-most after 14 games of a top-flight league campaign (35 in 1959-60).
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their previous 17 Premier League games against Fulham (W10 D7), winning each of the last four in a row.
- This was the 14th time that a former Chelsea manager has returned to Stamford Bridge in a Premier League game and failed to win (D5 L9), with this being Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri’s third such attempt (D1 L2).
- Fulham have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last 18 games in the Premier League, and are the only side yet to keep one in the competition this season.
- Pedro’s opener for Chelsea was their 1000th home goal in the Premier League, becoming just the third club to reach this landmark in the competition after Manchester United and Arsenal.
- Chelsea winger Pedro has scored more Premier League goals in 12 appearances this season (5 goals from 23 shots) than he managed in 31 such games in 2017-18 (4 from 56 shots).
- Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek has scored five goals in his last six appearances in all competitions for Chelsea, including in back-to-back Premier League games for the first time.