George Pitts looks ahead to Saturday's early kick-off, as West Ham look to go four unbeaten in all competitions.
For details of advised bookmakers and each-way terms, visit our transparent tipping record
West Ham v Man United (1230 KO, BT Sport 1)
The meeting of two sides who suffered very different fortunes in the Carabao Cup in midweek.
West Ham extended their unbeaten run to four matches in all competitions as they hit eight without reply against Macclesfield on Wednesday - their biggest win in any competition since October 1983 - while Man United lost to Frank Lampard's Derby on penalties at Old Trafford.
Jose Mourinho's fallout with Paul Pogba then dominated the headlines to plunge the manager's future at the club into further doubt.
The Portuguese is the favourite with Sky Bet to be the next Premier League manager to leave. While that is highly unlikely in the next few days, the 55-year-old could really do with a win on Saturday.
They face a tough trip to the London Stadium, where Chelsea were held to a goalless draw last weekend. While Manuel Pellegrini's side did well to halt Maurizo Sarri's Chelsea, they missed star man Marko Arnautovic going forward and the Austrian could return for the visit of the Red Devils - a timely boost for the Hammers.
Score prediction: West Ham 2-1 Man United (Sky Bet odds: 14/1)
It's difficult to call, relying on whether Jose Mourinho gets a reaction out of his Red Devils side or if the off-field fallouts will disrupt them further, as well as which West Ham side will turn up.
Should Arnautovic return as expected, he could prove vital in the final third and West Ham have plenty of reasons to be confident after holding Chelsea to a draw at the same ground six days earlier.
Best bet: Draw no bet - West Ham at 9/4
Considering a West Ham victory is available at a best price of 7/2, backing the hosts in a draw no bet at just over 2/1 offers you great value still with added insurance.
United could be vulnerable and less likely to take chances with the current talk once again surrounding Mourinho, while Pellegrini's men will take confidence from last week's draw and could make things go from bad to worse for the Red Devils.
Goalscorer bet: Marko Arnautovic and Romelu Lukaku both to score at 5/1
You can back either Arnautovic and Lukaku anytime at a best price of 13/5 and 13/10, but combining them returns good odds.
Arnautovic is the Hammers' danger man, the player they look to for inspiration and a moment of magic, while Lukaku has scored against West Ham more than any other club. The Belgian has found the back of the net against the east Londoners 11 times in 10 appearances, assisting four more goals.
Home fans will not be so pleased to see the 25-year-old lining up at the London Stadium.
There was no goalscorer in West Ham's last time at home against top opposition, and an 11/1 best price is worth a mention.
Opta pre-match facts
- West Ham have won only one of their last 19 Premier League matches against Manchester United (D5 L13), winning 3-2 at Upton Park in May 2016.
- Manchester Utd have kept a clean sheet in both of their Premier League visits to the London Stadium, winning 2-0 in January 2017 and drawing 0-0 in May this year.
- Only against Arsenal (29) have West Ham lost more Premier League games than they have versus Man Utd (27).
- Manchester Utd have lost just twice in their last 25 matches against West Ham in all competitions (W16 D7 L2), with both defeats arriving in London.
- West Ham are winless in their three Premier League home games this season, though did hold Chelsea to a goalless draw last time out.
- Manchester United have scored exactly twice in all three of their Premier League away games this season, winning the last two (L1).
- Romelu Lukaku has scored in all three of Man Utd’s away league games this season. Only three players have ever scored in their sides first four on the road in a single Premier League campaign – Thierry Henry 2001-02, Daniel Sturridge 2013-14 and Sergio Aguero 2014-15.
- Man Utd’s Romelu Lukaku has netted 11 goals in his last 11 games in all competitions against West Ham, while also providing three assists in this run.
- Man Utd winger Anthony Martial has been directly involved in eight goals in his last five appearances against West Ham in all competitions (six goals, two assists), netting five goals in his last three games.
- While at Manchester City, West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini became the second ever manager to win each of his first three Premier League games against Man Utd (after Carlo Ancelotti). Since then, the Chilean is winless in three against the Red Devils (D1 L2).
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Odds correct as of 1200 BST 27/09/18