AC Milan have angered a large amount of their own fans after they announced former Inter Milan boss Stefano Pioli as the club's new coach.
The former Fiorentina and Inter Milan boss has signed a two-year contract with the Rossoneri to replace Marco Giampaolo, who was sacked on Tuesday after just three and a half months in charge.
The move hasn't gone down with with Milan fans, who were already campaigning against him before the announcement was made - given his links with city rivals Inter.
The Serie A side said in a statement on their official club website: "AC Milan announces the appointment with immediate effect of Mr Stefano Pioli as the new coach of the First Team.
"Born in October 1965 in Parma, Stefano Pioli began his career as a coach in 1999. His first coaching experience in Serie A was at Parma in 2006.
"He then went on to coach several other Serie A Clubs: Chievo Verona, Palermo, Bologna, Lazio and Inter Milan, before moving to Fiorentina in 2017.
"Pioli now joins AC Milan on a two-year agreement.
"The Club wishes Stefano and his coaching staff all the best in their work."
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Related football links
- WATCH: Premier League MD8 highlights
- Rodgers upset with Mane pen
- Watch all the Championship goals
- Lloris out with elbow injury
- Pochettino calls for Spurs unity
- Premier League - As it happened
- Watch: PL Goal of the Month September nominees
- Lampard tips Abraham for England success
- Southgate warns Premier League stars
- Pope eyes England number one spot
- My Football Life: James Coppinger
- Super 6: Enter NOW!
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results