Cynthia Calvillo extended her unbeaten run to four fights after winning by decision on her UFC flyweight debut against Jessica Eye in Las Vegas on Saturday.
As tipped by Kieran Cobley, the Fight Night main event went all the way, with the unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47) putting her into contention for the title.
Californian Calvillo, 32, who has previously fought at strawweight, now has a record of 9-1-1 and she says the best is 'yet to come'.
"I'm always a little hard on myself, because I want to get the finish. I've got to remind myself I just took out the No. 1 contender in the flyweight division," Calvillo said (quotes via ESPN).
"I guess I should feel great. But I really want that finish.
"I'm down to fight everybody," she added.
"Just keep me busy. I'm trying to keep Dana at his word. Bring it on. Let's do it.
"I'm extremely proud that the fighter in me was able to pull this out, because this is not even the best me you guys have seen.
"That is yet to come."
Elsewhere, Merab Dvalishvili's fight with Ray Borg was postponed at short-term notice, with the Georgian instead facing UFC debutant Gustavo Lopez.
Dvalishvili impressively won by unanimous decision before calling out Sean O'Malley (below).
Bantamweight Julia Avila secured a victory after just 22 seconds against Gina Mazany as part of a UFC first - never before had a card started with three-straight fights ending inside the first minute.
First it was Christian Aguilera with a flurry of punches against Anthony Ivy, then Tyson Nam with a knockout of Zarrukh Adashev before Avila rained down the punches which forced the referee to jump in for the safety of Mazany.
UFC Fight Night results
- Jessica Eye v Cynthia Calvillo(Women's Flyweight) - Calvillo by UD (49-46x2, 48-47)
- Karl Roberson v Marvin Vettori (Middleweight) - Vettori by first-round sub (RNC)
- Merab Dvalishvili v Gustavo Lopez (140-Pound Catchweight) - Dvalishvili by UD (30-26x2, 30-25)
- Andre Fili v Charles Jourdain (Men's Featherweight) - Fili by SD (29-28x2,28-29)
- Jordan Espinosa v Mark De La Rosa (Men's Bantamweight) - Espinosa by UD (30-27x2, 30-26)
- Mariya Agapova v Hannah Cifers (Women's Flyweight) - Agapova by first-round sub (RNC)
- Charles Rosa v Kevin Aguilar (Lightweight) - Rosa by SD (29-28x2, 28-29)
- Julia Avila v Gina Mazany (Women's Bantamweight) - Avila by first-round TKO
- Tyson Nam v Zarrukh Adashev (Men's Bantamweight) - Nam by first-round KO
- Christian Aguilera v Anthony Ivy (Welterweight) - Aguilera by first-round TKO
We are committed in our support of responsible gambling. Recommended bets are advised to over-18s and we strongly encourage readers to wager only what they can afford to lose.Sky Bet's responsible gambling tools are detailed here and if you are concerned about your gambling, please call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133, or visit begambleaware.org.Further support and information can be found at GamCare and gamblingtherapy.org.