Hart faces ‘long summer’, Chelsea-linked star meets with super-agent and Arsenal ready to splash out on three defenders - according to the back pages...
- Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart faces a long summer, having missed out on England's World Cup squad and learning that no Premier League clubs are interested in signing him.
- Mauricio Pochettino is ready to commit to one more year at Tottenham when he meets chairman Daniel Levy for 'crisis' talks.
- Manchester United could battle it out with Bayern Munich to sign AC Milan defender Leonardo Bonucci this summer, with the Serie A side having to sell star players because of FFP regulations.
- Wayne Rooney could stay at Everton next season now Sam Allardyce is no longer the club's manager.
- Arsenal are closing on a deal to sign highly-rated Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno.
- Paulo Fonseca snubbed the chance to take over as West Ham boss after meeting with the club's owners on Monday.
- Robert Lewandowski met with super-agent Pini Zahavi in Munich on Wednesday as he continues to plot his way out of Bayern - the Poland striker has been linked with Chelsea and Real Madrid.
- Brighton, Reading and Middlesbrough are all interested in Lokomotiva Zagreb defender Denis Kolinger, who could be available for as little as £1m this summer.
- Swansea are resigned to losing centre-back Alfie Mawson and goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski this summer after their relegation from the Premier League.
- Crystal Palace midfielder Yohan Cabaye is closing on a move back to France with Marseille.
- Arsenal are yet to make an approach to Manchester City over Mikel Arteta, despite him emerging as one of their leading candidates to take over from Arsene Wenger.
- West Ham will hold talks with departing Paris Saint-Germain manager Unai Emery while they are waiting for a definitive answer from Shakhtar Donetsk boss Paulo Fonseca.
- Arsenal are ready to splash out on three defenders - Sokratis Papastathopoulos from Borussia Dortmund, West Brom's Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu of Freiburg - this summer.
- As part of their defensive overhaul, Arsenal will also allow Shkodran Mustafi to leave the Emirates.
- Steve Bruce is on collision course with Aston Villa chiefs over their decision to refuse a new contract to defender Alan Hutton.
- Manchester United have added Atletico Madrid defender Sime Vrsaljko to their list of summer targets.
- Leicester are closing in on a £25m deal for Porto right-back Ricardo Pereira and plan to follow that up with the signing of Manchester City's Patrick Roberts.
- Stoke defender Kevin Wimmer is in talks over a move to Hannover 96.
- Chelsea defender Gary Cahill was stunned when England boss Gareth Southgate rang him to tell him he was in his World Cup squad, having expected to miss out.
- Liverpool are set to sign Chelsea midfielder Isaac Christie-Davies on a free transfer.
- Rangers have failed with a bid for Brighton defender Connor Goldson.
- Luis Enrique's hopes of landing the Chelsea job could receive a significant boost after one of his rivals for the role, Maurizio Sarri, held talks over staying at Napoli.
- Everton have opened talks with Marco Silva about taking over from Sam Allardyce as manager.
- Dele Alli is desperate to impress Gareth Southgate in pre-World Cup training and friendlies to re-establish himself in England's starting XI.
- Everton have been warned they might reap what they sow if replacing Sam Allardyce with "disingenuous, disloyal slob" Marco Silva by former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan.
The Scottish Sun
- Rangers boss Steven Gerrard has Bournemouth striker Jermain Defoe and former Liverpool team-mate Lucas Leiva on his summer shopping list.
- Dedryck Boyata is keen to commit himself to Celtic in the long-term.
- West Ham defender Reece Burke is a target for Rangers as they look to reshape their squad and challenge Celtic.
- Jack Ross is set for a second round of talks with Ipswich on Thursday as he edges closer to the job.
- Rangers are in talks with Nottingham Forest over a permanent deal for Jason Cummings and also with Brighton for loanee Jamie Murphy.
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLife
Last updated at 0830 BST 17/05/2018.