Liverpool are ready to match Watford's £40m valuation of Ismaila Sarr, according to one of today's top back page headlines.
- Liverpool are ready to bid for speedy winger Ismaila Sarr - and match Watford's stunning £40m asking price.
- Tottenham failed with an 11th-hour bid to snatch Dutch midfielder Donny van de Beek from Manchester United.
- Arsenal want to secure the future of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Emiliano Martinez and Ainsley Maitland-Niles before the start of the season.
- Wayne Rooney has questioned Gareth Southgate's handling of the Harry Maguire saga after he withdrew him from the England squad.
- Kai Havertz's move to Chelsea edges ever closer after the German was a big-name absentee from Bayer Leverkusen's pre-season return.
- Kepa Arrizabalaga has done a shock U-turn and wants to fight for his Chelsea future.
- Arsenal have told Newcastle to stump up £25m for Ainsley Maitland-Niles - after rejecting Wolves' cheeky £15m offer.
- Harry Maguire has been given an extended break by Manchester United following his Greek nightmare.
- Southampton have opened talks with Danny Ings over a new long-term contract.
- Fulham have held further talks with Benfica over a deal for midfielder Florentino Luis, offering around £2m for a loan fee with a £25m option to buy.
- Wayne Rooney believes Manchester United striker Mason Greenwood is best suited to being Harry Kane's deputy for England.
More from Sporting Life transfers
- Lionel Messi is holding firm to his decision to leave Barcelona in the present transfer window and join Manchester City.
- Chelsea will announce the signing of Wolfsburg forward Pernille Harder on Tuesday, two days after she turned out in the Champions League final against Lyon.
- The spike in Covid-19 cases among footballers, quarantine rules and the truncated pre-season has encouraged proponents of additional Premier League substitutes to again push for their introduction next season.
- Rangers could face Gibraltar side St Joseph's, Swiss team Servette or Bosnian outfit Borac Banja Luka to start their Europa League campaign after UEFA revealed the groupings for the second-round qualifying draw.
- Daryl Horgan is set to leave Hibs for English Championship outfit Wycombe.