Mario Mandzukic's wage cut and Aston Villa and Crystal Palace fighting it out for Rangers' Alfredo Morelos are two of the big stories dominating Wednesday's football gossip.
- Manchester United have been handed a boost after Mario Mandzukic slashed his £300,000-a-week wage demands in half.
- Christian Eriksen's dream Real Madrid move could be dashed by the form of Federico Valverde.
- Pep Guardiola slammed his seat in anger as he ripped into John Stones for not being ready to replace Rodri during the clash with Atalanta.
- Brendan Rodgers has branded the reaction to Hamza Choudhury's tackle on Liverpool's Mohamed Salah as "over the top".
- Juventus and Atletico Madrid are among the clubs tracking West Brom's 19-year-old defender Nathan Ferguson
- Jaap Stam claims he was asked to take over at Newcastle three months before Rafa Benitez quit.
- Seven Premier League clubs, including Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool, Southampton and Norwich, scouted Hearts' Aaron Hickey on Sunday, with Manchester City thought to be favourites to sign him.
- Real Madrid have informed Brahim Diaz they want to sell him, less than a year after signing the forward from Manchester City in a move worth £22m.
- A verdict in the bitter commercial dispute between Liverpool and their kit sponsor New Balance may be delivered on Friday, following the conclusion of a three-day trial.
- Crystal Palace are lining up a £20m January move for fiery Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos, with Aston Villa also keen on the Colombian.
- Brendan Rodgers has leapt to the defence of under-fire Hamza Choudhury and urged the controversial midfielder to keep his aggression.
- Doctors warned football authorities in 1966 that frequently heading the ball can cause brain injuries.
- Steve Bruce has told striker Dwight Gayle he still has a role to play at Newcastle.
- Leicester banked an £80m lump sum from Manchester United for Harry Maguire - and Brendan Rodgers is preparing to spend it.
- Peterborough United have been urged to "listen to the uncomfortable truth" after commissioning a review of child sex abuse allegations at the club.
- Operators of sports venues could be given the power to disrupt a drone attack under plans being considered by the Government.
- Concussion substitutes are increasingly likely to be introduced in football next season, following landmark new research which showed that former professional players are five times more likely to die from Alzheimer's disease.
- Arsenal want to make Dani Ceballos' loan deal into a permanent transfer but are currently unwilling to match Real Madrid's valuation of their player, according to Spanish reports.
THE SCOTTISH SUN
- Anti-Mafia cops will travel to Glasgow to monitor 300 notorious Lazio 'ultras' ahead of their Celtic clash.
- Celtic star Jeremie Frimpong revealed he was subjected to horrific racist abuse playing in Italy when he was just 10.
- Celtic ace Fraser Forster is hoping Euro glory against Lazio can lead to an England recall.
- Manchester City are eyeing £70m Real Sociedad winger Mikel Oyarzabal as a possible replacement for Leroy Sane, according to reports. (Manchester Evening News)
- Aston Villa have been linked with a move to sign Olympiacos defender Omar Elabdellaoui. (Birmingham Mail)
- Nottingham Forest could reignite their interest in Newcastle United striker Dwight Gayle when the transfer window opens. (Nottingham Post)