Gareth Bale flies to London for crisis talks with his agent as speculation surrounding a move away from Real Madrid grows - get all the latest from Tuesday's back pages here.
- Liverpool plan to hold back Joel Matip until after the next international break due to an ongoing knee injury.
- Liverpool's James Milner says he is not a fan of VAR and believes it is ruining the atmosphere of Premier League games.
- Eden Hazard has revealed he spoke with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez a year before he secured a move to the Bernabeu from Chelsea.
- Thomas Muller has jokingly rejected talk of a move away from Bayern Munich, in light of speculation linking him to a transfer to Manchester United.
- Inter Milan will target a summer move for Jan Vertonghen after Tottenham say he is not for sale in January.
- Napoli are expecting Manchester United to complete the signing of Red Bull Salzburg's Erling Haaland after pulling out of the race for his signature.
- Danny Rose took a prominent role in organising a team bonding meal for Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino.
- Manchester United are planning a move for Lille youngster Boubakary Soumare, according to reports.
- Manchester City are eyeing Mikel Oyarzabal as a replacement for Leroy Sane according to reports.
- Jack Grealish's dream of playing for England next month looks set to be scuppered by a calf issue.
- Gareth Bale flew to London to meet with his agent on Monday sparking more speculation that the Wales international remains unsettled in the Spanish capital.
- Arsenal are confident Eddie Nketiah will succeed at Leeds but have tools at their disposal to recall the striker if he continues to miss out under Marco Bielsa.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has generously sent boots to the entire Portuguese women's U17 side - urging them to go and achieve their dreams.
- Premier League chiefs will hold VAR talks with referees on Thursday after another weekend of mayhem.
- Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic could reject a move to Manchester United in January in favour of a lucrative move to Qatar Stars League side Al Duhail.
- Real Madrid will not pursue Paul Pogba or any of Zinedine Zidane's other targets in January by order of club president Florentino Perez.
- Newcastle are closing in on a deal for 16-year-old Queen's Park midfielder Reagan Thomson.
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Related football links
- Championship: January movers
- Exclusive: Dawson says Poch is the man for Spurs
- Exclusive: Prutton says Bamford call the right one
- Exclusive: Sabri Lamouchi on his life in football
- Listen: Premier League Weekly
- Listen: Championship Podcast
- Super 6: Enter NOW!
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results