Manchester City's search for a new defender in January and Cesar Azpilicueta's future at Chelsea are two of the big stories doing the rounds in Thursday's national newspapers.
- Pep Guardiola will look at signing a new centre-back in the January transfer window after Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte was ruled out for the rest of the year.
- Chelsea's army of players out on loan has been slashed by more than a third as a result of the club's transfer ban, Frank Lampard's policy shift and with an eye on FIFA's plans to introduce new limits.
- Cesc Fabregas has revealed that Real Madrid made more than one attempt to sign him while playing for Arsenal in the Premier League.
- Manchester United must manage Aaron Wan-Bissaka's fitness over the coming weeks as it emerged he was already carrying the back injury that ruled him out of England contention.
- Juventus are reportedly eyeing a triple swoop on Manchester United with the Italian champions 'considering moves for David de Gea, Eric Bailly and Nemanja Matic' next summer.
- Juventus manager Maurizio Sarri has returned to the club to take training after recovering from pneumonia.
- West Ham are lining up a move for Croatia international Mandzukic in the January transfer window.
- Cesar Azpilicueta's struggle to stay top dog at Chelsea has put two Spanish clubs on alert with a view to luring him home.
- Bayern Munich are set to renew their interest in Leroy Sane in January - despite his serious knee injury.
- The NHS is running mental health sessions for distressed fans of Bury FC following an outpouring of grief at the club's expulsion from the football league.
- Rangers winger Jordan Jones has not suffered knee ligament damage.
- Spanish sides Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao are set to pounce on Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta, if he becomes available.
- Derby County could yet face sanctions for possible breaches of financial regulations after the English Football League ordered an independent valuation of their Pride Park stadium.
- Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic says manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would be the person who "bears the responsibility" if the club do not challenge for the Premier League title.
- Tammy Abraham could be given the chance to commit himself to England and end Nigeria's hopes of convincing him to switch his international allegiance as early as next month.
- Ross McCrorie admits he had to be selfish and leave Rangers after a chat with Steven Gerrard.
- Northern Ireland are set to pinch St Johnstone winger Matty Kennedy from Scotland.
Related football links
- Watch: Premier League highlights
- Latest Premier League podcast
- Back to school: Championship grades
- Harry who? Meet Leicester's new star
- Van Dijk to be world's best?
- Owen & Shearer in social media spat
- Star man for surprising Swans
- Best & worst: Blues lose fear factor
- Arsenal v Tottenham: Derby day reflections
- Transfer Window: Done Deals
- QUIZ: Test your football knowledge
- Super 6: £2 million jackpot!
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results