Paper talk: Football transfer news, rumours, reports & gossip as Gareth Bale heads back to Tottenham
By Sporting Life
06:34 · WED September 16, 2020
Gareth Bale is close to a sensational return to Tottenham but is Dele Alli heading to Real Madrid as part of the deal?
- Tottenham were thrashing out a deal on Tuesday night to see former hero Gareth Bale make a sensational return to the club - with Dele Alli a possibility to move the other way.
- Juventus are growing pessimistic over completing a deal for Luis Suarez due to issues with the Uruguayan securing Italian citizenship.
- Arsenal have turned down an approach from Sheffield United for their striker prospect Folarin Balogun.
- Prospective new Arsenal signing Runar Alex Runarsson may have some explaining to do after tweets surfaced in which he insulted Arsene Wenger.
- Bayern Munich forward Kingsley Coman is set to miss Friday's Bundesliga opener against Schalke as he is self-isolating at home after he had contact with a person infected with coronavirus.
- County cricket is to be spared from the ECB's new austerity measures despite the governing body slashing their own workforce by a sixth and saving 20 per cent in wages.
- Tottenham are on the brink of re-signing Gareth Bale in a stunning £20m loan deal and hijacking Manchester United's move for Madrid defender Sergio Reguilon.
- Wilfried Zaha is set to miss out on a transfer exit due to Crystal Palace's £45m demands and his age.
- West Ham have rejected a second offer of £400m to buy the club from an American consortium.
- Stoke striker Benik Afobe is joining Turkish club Trabzonspor for a season.
- Moise Kean and Alex Iwobi could be shown the door at Everton following a summer of new arrivals.
- Fans remain set to return to sporting venues next month despite a recent surge in coronavirus cases across the country.
- Burnley are in crisis with manager Sean Dyche and chairman Mike Garlick's relationship having severely deteriorated and the club's drastic need for new signings thrown into turmoil by the prospect of a takeover.
- The charity arm of the Professional Footballers' Association will review its link with the union as it prepares for life after Gordon Taylor and the organisation's biggest overhaul in a generation.
- Rangers will be hoping it's plain sailing in Gibraltar - after booking a £120m super yacht for their Europa League stay.
- Hamilton fear a group hug celebration at Livingston led to their coronavirus outbreak.
- UK Athletics is planning to cut all its major events staff responsible for staging prestigious Diamond League meetings and also intends to reduce its anti-doping team.