Man City struck late in a 2-2 draw with the Premier League All Stars in Vincent Kompany's testimonial which saw Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher involved in a heated exchange.
The two Sky Sports pundits, who were long-term rivals throughout their playing careers with Manchester United and Liverpool respectively, are known for jibing each other on air but had to come together as team-mates at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night.
And their relationship got off to the worst possible start as Neville was badly caught out of position in the first minute and left Martin Petrov in acres of space to give Man City an early lead.
That didn't please Carragher.
Robbie Keane got the Premier League All Stars back on level terms after a lovely team move before the interval.
Robin van Persie, the provider of their first goal, then fired the All Stars ahead with a superb finish from just outside the box.
But there would be a happy end for Kompany, who could only watch from the sidelines due to injury, as his side grabbed a last-gasp equaliser thanks to Benjani.
Paul Scholes perhaps stole the show with an outrageous magic touch and vision, even though it ultimately didn't lead to a goal.
Follow Sporting Life on social media - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Related football links
- VAR as boring as Brexit, says Jeff Stelling
- Watch: Premier League highlights
- Back to school: Championship grades
- Alex Keble: England continue steady evolution
- Harry who? Meet Leicester's new star
- Van Dijk to be world's best?
- Star man for surprising Swans
- QUIZ: Test your football knowledge
- Fantasy Football: Pick your team now!
- Football results