Wolves had just a Raul Jimenez goal to show for their efforts as they looked a class above Burnley during their 1-0 win at Molineux.
Wolves looked the better side from start to finish but wasted chance after chance, while Joe Hart in the Burnley goal pulled off a string of saves to keep them out - especially in the first half.
The goal finally arrived from Jimenez just after the hour mark and from there it was just a matter of how many they would get as opposed to whether Burnley could get back into the game.
The win gave Nuno Espirito Santo's side back-to-back vistories as they look like finding their feet in the Premier League, while it continues to be a struggle for Burnley to shake off their Europa League hangover.
Sean Dyche's side have now played 11 games already this season and have failed to win any of them - resulting in being knocked out of Europe and struggling at the bottom of the table with just one point so far.
Wolves v Burnley Opta stats
- Wolves have won all three of their Premier League meetings with Burnley, against no other side have they recorded a 100% win ratio.
- Burnley have never won a Premier League away game against newly promoted opposition (W0 D6 L5), including a 4-2 loss against Fulham this season.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers have lost just one of their last 24 league games at Molineux (W16 D7 L1), with the Midlands club unbeaten in each of their last 12 (W7 D5).
- This is Burnley's worst start to a season in the top-flight (one point from five games) since 1927-28, when they lost each of their opening five matches.
- Wolves recorded more shots against Burnley than they have against any other side in a single match in Premier League history (30 shots).
- Burnley have now conceded 10 goals in their opening five league games this season; it took them 13 matches to concede their 10th goal of 2017-18.
- Since winning five successive Premier League games between March-April 2018, Burnley have picked up just three points from a possible 30 (D3 L7).
- Each of Matt Doherty’s last four goal involvements in the league have come at Moulinex (two goals, two assists).