West Ham will pile more misery on Burnley on Sunday with the Hammers well capable of winning well at Turf Moor.
For details of advised bookmakers and each-way terms, visit our transparent tipping record
Burnley v West Ham
It's not a classic clash of the Clarets at Turf Moor but it's the visitors who will be relishing the game and the chance to bag a second win in four days and a sixth in seven as they continue to climb up the table.
Manuel Pellegrini does have a long injury list to deal with as they only had six subs during Thursday's win against Southampton, so that's a bit of a worry for the game coming so close after the last one.
Burnley's form has been horrible though and, more worryingly, their performances have been laboured and full of errors - not something we associated with Sean Dyche's side last season.
The Hammers have found their goal-scoring touch of late as well with 15 goals in their last six and with Burnley leaking goals hand over fist it doesn't look promising against a West Ham side well capable of striking on the break.
Prediction: Burnley 1-3 West Ham (Sky Bet odds: 16/1)
It may be a bit extravagant on the goals front but the Hammers have been impressive recently and the way this game may be played out would be right up their street to pray on the obvious defensive problems the hosts are having right now.
Best bet: West Ham to win at 6/5
This is no time for heroes or trying to dig out something when we don't need to. West Ham are away from home and have injury problems but anyone watching Burnley of late knows they look like conceding on almost every attack they face - and West Ham have plenty of finishers ready to exploit that.
RequestABet: West Ham win, Felipe Anderson to score, 4+ corners each, 50+ booking points
Anderson looks like the real deal of late, with more than a hint of the Leroy Sane's about him he's a real threat with pace and a great finish on him. He can score here and Burnley will pile up the bookings trying to scrap their way out of trouble.
Burnley v West Ham Opta stats
- Burnley have picked up just one win in their last nine meetings with West Ham in all competitions (D2 L6), winning 3-0 in the Premier League at the London Stadium in March.
- This will be the 10th Premier League match between these two sides, with West Ham winning six times (D1 L2).
- Both teams have found the net in each of the four Premier League matches between Burnley and West Ham at Turf Moor (12 goals in total, 3 per game).
- Burnley have conceded 41 goals in their 19 Premier League games this season – two more than they shipped in the whole of the 2017-18 campaign.
- Burnley have won just one of their last 12 Premier League games (D2 L9), conceding 30 and scoring just eight in that run.
- Burnley’s last seven Premier League goals have all been scored by different players.
- Burnley have lost their last five Premier League home games played on Sunday, including all three this season by an aggregate score of 1-9.
- West Ham won their last Premier League away game on a Sunday (3-1 at Everton in September). They’ve not won back-to-back away top-flight games on that day since April 2003.
- West Ham have only won their final Premier League game of the calendar year once in the last nine attempts (W1 D3 L5), beating Southampton 2-1 in 2015.
- 33% of Burnley forward Chris Wood’s Premier League goals have come against West Ham (4/12), as has his only assist in the competition to date.