A round-up of the latest football gossip from Thursday's newspapers.
- Roy Hodgson has been promised a £40m transfer budget to revamp his new Crystal Palace squad in January.
- Jack Wilshere is set to make his first Arsenal appearance in over a year against Cologne in the Europa League tonight.
- Mesut Ozil's contract talks have "slowed down" after he asked for £350k per week.
- Harry Redknapp is facing the sack at Birmingham after their dismal start to the season.
- Timo Werner has put Europe's big boys on alert, and the Leipzig striker says he's interested in a move to England.
- Jack Wilshere's injuries were like a car crash, according to Arsene Wenger.
- Romelu Lukaku can emulate Wayne Rooney and become a Manchester United great, says Jesse Lingard.
- Everton are tracking Celtic youngster Anthony Ralston, who caught the eye when facing up to Neymar on Tuesday night.
- Jesse Lingard has promised Wayne Rooney a hero's welcome when he returns to Old Trafford with Everton this weekend.
- Roy Hodgson will target Jack Wilshere in January, and is keen on either a loan or a permanent deal for the Arsenal midfielder.
- A member of the Sevilla backroom staff has accused Jurgen Klopp of getting Eduardo Berizzo, the Sevilla manager, sent off.
- Dele Alli is being courted by two of the world's most powerful agents as he plans the next stage of his career.
- Gianni Infantino, the Fifa president, attempted to overturn an independent ruling banning Russia's deputy prime minister from the organisation.
- Paul Pogba fears he will be out for a month with the hamstring injury he sustained against Basel.