Marco Silva comes up against his former side but Watford are backed to stop their losing run and at least grab a point against Everton.
For advised bookmakers and each-way terms, visit our transparent tipping record
Both Marco Silva and star player Richarlison come up against their old side on Monday night with Watford on a dire run of form that has seen them win just two of their last 11 Premier League games.
Silva was sacked at Watford after a run of one win in 11, but more of a factor was his head had been turned by moving up to Goodison Park to become new Everton boss.
The Toffees have a great home record against Watford, but the away side showed against Manchester City that they can trouble the best sides in the division if they're a bit more direct and physical in their approach.
Everton won rave reviews for their performances at Anfield and Stamford Bridge, but they struggled somewhat at home to Newcastle and that shows the difference in being underdogs, and being happy to defend at times, and having to be the aggressors and force the pace.
Prediction: Everton 1-1 Watford (Sky Bet Odds: 6/1)
There have been more bright signs from Everton than Watford of late, and they're rightly favourites, but you better believe that Watford's owners will have made it clear that this is a big game against their former manager and striker.
Best bet: Draw at 13/5
There'd be no surprises to see this one end goalless given it comes at the end of a long week and a point would be no bad thing for either side - sometimes that's enough to see teams settle.
Goals: Richarlison first goalscorer at 4/1
By far Everton's most dangerous player - a willing runner with a decent touch and finish at times, mainly when he has less time to think about it. Players coming up against their former clubs always raise their game that few extra percent.
RequestABet: Under 2.5 goals, under 12 corners, 40+ booking points Deeney & Sigurdsson 1+ shots on target
Should be a relatively quiet game on the attacking front and it could be short on goalmouth action, but there's plenty of fight in these teams to collect a few bookings.
Everton v Watford - Opta stats
- Everton have won 11 of their 12 home matches against Watford in all competitions, drawing the other.
- Watford won their last league meeting with Everton in February 2018 – they have never won back to back league matches against the Toffees.
- Everton came from two goals behind to win 3-2 in their Premier League meeting with Watford at Goodison Park last season – current Toffees boss Marco Silva was manager of the Hornets that day.
- Everton’s 3-2 comeback win against Watford last season was one of only three occasions in Premier League history a team came from two goals behind to win in a game that was goalless at half-time (also Derby County 2-3 Newcastle United in April 2002 and QPR 3-2 Liverpool in March 2012).
- The last 10 goals scored in Premier League matches between Everton and Watford have been scored in the second half.
- Watford have failed to win any of their last nine away league matches played on a Monday (W0 D2 L7) since a 2-1 win at Scunthorpe United in January 2011 in the Championship; the Hornets’ last away top-flight win on a Monday was in May 1986 against Chelsea (P12 W0 D3 L9 since).
- Watford are looking to avoid four consecutive Premier League defeats for the first time since December 2017.
- Everton forward Richarlison has scored seven goals in 13 Premier League appearances this season, two more than he managed in the whole of last season for former club Watford (five goals in 38 appearances).
- Roberto Pereyra is Watford’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with five goals, but he hasn’t been involved in a single goal in his last five appearances in the competition despite playing a total of six hours & 33 minutes in those games.
- Everton’s Theo Walcott is looking to make his 300th appearance in the Premier League in this game, while he would be the 125th player in competition history to reach this milestone.