We look at the transfer rumours and gossip from Friday's back pages, featuring Paul Pogba, Kai Havertz and Thiago Alcantara.
- A group of cross-party MPs have launched an 11th hour bid to torpedo the Saudi Arabia takeover at Newcastle United, by telling the Premier League any deal will help whitewash the state's repressive regime.
- Everton have made a bid of £18million for Southampton's highly-rated midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.
- Diego Carlos has emerged as a leading centre-half target for Pep Guardiola as the Manchester City manager prepares to overhaul his defence.
- The Rugby Football Union is to seek external funding, including donations from benefactors and blue chip companies, in order to bolster the budget available for Eddie Jones.
- The British and Irish Lions and South Africa have struck a ground-breaking deal to allow film crews to make a fly-on-the-wall documentary
- Paul Pogba is close to agreeing a new five-year Manchester United deal.
- Manchester United have ramped up their coronavirus prevention protocols - as more staff start returning to Carrington this week.
- Arsenal have made a late move for Nice defender Malang Sarr.
- Iceland are hoping to allow fans to watch their Uefa Nations League opener with England in September - but this could be blocked by Uefa.
- Click image to read preview
- Antonio Rudiger is facing an uncertain future, with Chelsea yet to offer the defender a new contract.
- Manchester United are close to finalising terms for Real Madrid left-back Alvaro Fernandez Carreras.
- Sheffield United defender Chris Basham is attracting interest from Burnley and Newcastle United.
- Derby are hopeful the decision to overturn Manchester City's European ban will boost their chances of avoiding punishment from the EFL.
- Championship clubs have demanded a meeting in person next week to resolve the salary cap row after being unable to agree new spending limits.
- Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz wants to join Chelsea next season despite interest from the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid, according to reports in Germany.
- Thiago Alcantara is reportedly confident of completing a move to Liverpool after he turned down a new contract with Bayern Munich.
- Liverpool seem likely to dip into the transfer market for a backup left-back this summer after Yasser Larouci moved to the brink of leaving the Premier League champions.
Follow Sporting Life on social - find us on Facebook here or tweet @SportingLifeFC
Related football content
- Latest football previews and tips
- Coronavirus: Returning sports
- Sporting Life App: Android & iOS
- Guide: How to bet online
We are committed in our support of responsible gambling. Recommended bets are advised to over-18s and we strongly encourage readers to wager only what they can afford to lose.