Wednesday's football gossip includes Pep Guardiola's rumoured appointment as Brazil's new manager and new goalkeepers at Celtic and Sheffield United.
- Ben Chilwell plans to tell Leicester this week he wants to quit for Chelsea, where Frank Lampard is ready to make him his first choice left-back.
- Fernandinho admits Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has considered taking charge of the Brazil national side.
- Jan Vertonghen says he has got "something in his head" when it comes to choosing his new club, and has promised a decision might come soon.
- Philippe Coutinho has reportedly changed his mind about Arsenal after initially snubbing an approach from the north London club.
- Bournemouth could be forced to accept a cut-price fee for star man Nathan Ake after it emerged the central defender does not have a relegation clause in his contract.
- Liverpool have decided to extend their stay at Melwood when training resumes ahead of next season, delaying their move to a £50m site in Kirkby due to the knock-on effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
- N'Golo Kante is hoping to give Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard an FA Cup final boost by declaring himself fit to face Arsenal on Saturday and keep up his stunning run of trophy success.
- Crystal Palace will consider putting Ryan Fraser on their list of summer targets following his departure from Bournemouth.
- The government is ready to dash hopes fans could return for the start of the new Premier League season and will also consider how chanting, singing and shouting at football matches may impact upon numbers.
- Arsenal are close to agreeing a new loan deal with Real Madrid for Dani Ceballos.
- Inter Milan chief Giuseppe Marotta has confirmed he wants to sign Alexis Sanchez from Manchester United but the Chile forward's wages are a major obstacle.
- Arsenal have suffered a blow in their pursuit of Dayot Upamecano with reports claiming the Frenchman has agreed to extend his contract at RB Leipzig.
- West Ham are interested in QPR winger Eberechi Eze and the Championship club could ask for Jordan Hugill as a makeweight in negotiations.
- James Maddison is poised to give Leicester a post-season boost by finalising a new contract worth £100,000-a-week at the King Power Stadium.
- Cesc Fabregas has been offered a lucrative payday to finish his career at Qatari club Al-Gharafa.
- The Community Shield will be played on August 29, and fans are likely to be allowed into Wembley to watch the game.
- Potential new Sunderland owner William Storey has promised the club's fans a minimum of £50m to launch them back into the Premier League.
- Sheffield United are plotting to bring back Aaron Ramsdale to fill the void left by Dean Henderson if he leaves the Blades.
- Leeds are lining up a £15m swoop for Tottenham defender Juan Foyth, regardless of whether they land Brighton's Ben White following his loan at Elland Road.
- Jan Oblak will remain at Atletico Madrid despite interest from Manchester United and Chelsea, the club's president Enrique Cerezo has maintained.
- Stocksbridge Park Steels plan to take the name of their former striker - Premier League golden boot winner Jamie Vardy - off their main stand in a desperate bid to raise funds.
- Txiki Begiristain, the Manchester City director of football, says the club will move fast to secure their transfer targets as they close in on the signing of Ferran Torres from Valencia.
- The FA has secured an agreement from professional football to increase diversity on the governing body's board after initially accusing the Premier League of blocking the appointment of the former Chelsea defender Paul Elliott as an FA director.
- UEFA insists Manchester City's match against Real Madrid will go ahead next Friday despite the hosts' concerns regarding a coronavirus case in Zinedine Zidane's squad.
- Vasilis Barkas, the Greece international goalkeeper, arrived in Glasgow on Tuesday night to finalise a £4.5m transfer from AEK Athens to Celtic.
- Tottenham may try to hijack a potential move from Chelsea for Manchester United's Dean Henderson.
- Leeds have joined the growing list of clubs interested in prising wantaway Nicolas Gonzalez away from Stuttgart.
- Chelsea chief Marina Granovskaia has opened talks with Jan Oblak's agent over a transfer.
- Manchester United may have dropped a transfer hint over where they plan to strengthen this summer by advertising a new scouting role on their website.
- West Ham are increasing their pursuit of QPR's Eberechi Eze, with the England Under-21 forward valued at £20m by the Sky Bet Championship club.
Peterborough have thrown out a £5m bid from Celtic for Ivan Toney.
- Celtic's bid to sign a new striker has stalled, with West Ham forward Albian Ajeti understood to have asked for more time to consider the switch.
- Rangers will decide whether to move for Bongani Zungu in the next 48 hours.
- East Kilbride boss Stevie Aitken could make a sensational move for ex-Celtic star Anthony Stokes.