We've teamed up with Weatherbys to provide the 10-years trends guide for the Coral Welsh National at Chepstow.
2.50 Chepstow - Coral Welsh Grand National
- Click here for full racecard and free video form
- Sky Bet paying SEVEN places instead of four
- Exclusive Price Boost: Ron's Dream to place 9/4 from 7/4
· Winner of chase over 3m or further – 10/10
· Aged 6-8 – 8/10
· Finished in first four on most recent outing – 8/10
· Weight of 11st or less – 8/10
· No more than two runs during current season – 7/10
· Favourites – 1/10
In what looks a typically competitive renewal of the race, the stats suggest that RONS DREAM could be one to take a chance on in the Welsh Grand National. Peter Bowen’s eight-year-old stayed on strongly to win a Listed chase at Market Rasen in November and just found 2m4f on the sharp side for her at Carlisle last time. She is still relatively unexposed over fences and with this stronger test of stamina likely to suit her, she looks an interesting contender. The hat-trick seeking Looksnowtlikebrian could also go well despite a 9lb rise for his latest win, whilst last year’s fourth Vintage Clouds should also be in the mix following a winning reappearance at Haydock last month.
Last year’s winner: Raz De Maree
Bettrends Selection: Rons Dream