Tottenham will play their first home game of the 2018-19 Premier League season against Fulham at Wembley.
Spurs were hoping to be in their new stadium for the start of the new campaign but work has overrun, meaning they will return to the national stadium for the London derby against the newly-promoted Cottagers on August 18.
Their club have confirmed that the first game at their rebuilt home will be against Liverpool on September 15.
Boss Mauricio Pochettino told the club's official website: "We are so excited to have the date of the first Premier League match at our new stadium. We discussed the timings and the ability to play away games and I think it is a good solution to have an earlier home game. Wembley was great for us last season and we are even more used to that than we are the new stadium.
"We are excited about the season ahead and making the new stadium our new home. I have stood inside the bowl and I know the atmosphere will be unbelievable - it will be well worth the wait."
Related World Cup links
- World Cup outright tips
- World Cup Golden Boot tips
- World Cup fixtures & schedule
- World Cup groups & predictions
- World Cup team profiles
- World Cup podcast
- World Cup best bets
- World Cup outsiders to follow
- Elimination predictions
- England's routes to glory
- World Cup Golden Boot contenders
- World Cup Golden Ball contenders
- World Cup Golden Glove contenders
- New world champions in Russia?
- Four £5 flutters in Russia
- World Cup venues in focus
- Full World Cup squad lists
- More free football tips
- Sky Bet's World Cup odds